RFE on I-485 - Requesting for Verification of Employment (VOE) letter

DesparateDesi

I ported my GC process from EB3 to EB2 successfully.

I got a letter from USCIS stating my pending I-485 application under EB3 has been interlinked with my newly approved I-140 filed under EB2.

My I-485 is pending since Aug-2007. I joined my new company on Oct-2011, which is clearly after 180 days rule.

Couple of weeks back received a RFE on my pending I-485 requesting for 'Verification of Employment' as I have changed my employer. The letter should be issued by my current employer stating my job title, job duties, salary, join date and the position's education/training requirement,

I have two attorneys, one for EB3 and another for EB2. Since my RFE is for I-485 I need to work with my old attorney who is authorized for my I-485. Or I need to find another attorney, authorize the new attorney....

My previous attorney is very busy with other cases and didn't respond to my request to assist me on my RFE, for weeks?

I have the letter format for 'VOE'

My question:  Can I do all the work in responding to this RFE as this looks simple to me or should I only work with an attorney in responding to this RFE? 

I can prepare the 'VOE' letter printed by my current employer letter head, attach my latest W2 with my current employer, attach most recent 3 pay stubs with my current employer, prepare a covering letter stating my case and justifying the 180 days rule, attach a copy of my I-140 (both approved under EB2 and EB3), attach a copy of my pending I-1485 and attach a copy of the RFE, and courier to the given USCIS address.

• 2 months later...

Archived