Any advantages to doing premium processing with concurrent filing?

dele

if you are asking about concurrent filing, I would assume that your PD is current basically you belong to ROW. 

Now the prerequisite for an I-485 approval is an approved I-140.

So in a situation where you do concurrent filing, your I-485 cannot be approved until you have your I-140 approved.

So if you think in your case you do not foresee any issues with PD or anything factors affecting your I-485 approval, in my opinion a premium processing of I-140 makes sense, basically it may or may not speed up your I-485 approval.

May : If your I-485 is brought up by the USCIS Office within a month of filing, then having an approved I-140 will speed up the processing for I-485

May Not: If your I-485 is sitting in processing for months, you approved I-140 with pp would just be sitting there, which in other case could have been approved in its normal course saving you the fees for pp.

Thanks for the replies.

@shandan - Do you know what the method (criteria) is for bringing up the I-485 by USCIS office? For example, is it dependent on your PERM priority date, the day you submitted the I-485 application (i.e. first come, first served), your country (i.e. number of people from your country who are in the queue before you), etc

Anybody have any idea what the current average processing time is for I-485?

In addition, is the USCIS office also affected by the Sequestration?

The I-485s are processed based on the received date. It is obvious that your I-485 cannot be approved if I-140 is not approved yet. Processing time for I-485 is 3-4 months.

I am not aware of any sequestration. USCIS petitions are essentially a self-paid service - your fees pay for their work. So, sequestration is likely irrlevant to them.

Archived