H1B and H4 visa stamping together

vbalaonline

Dear Sir,

Could you please explain my below doubts for my H1-B visa stamping.

I am going to India for marriage in Aug 2013. Will schedule one appointment  for both my H1-B and my wife H4 visa stamping. Below are my doubts

1. Should I need to fill two DS-160 forms for my H1-B and my wife H4

2. Can I submit both DS-160 forms now before marriage when scheduling appointment.

3. In my DS-160 form (H1-B)  should I need to select MARRIED or SINGLE. I will be scheduling appointment after marriage. Dependent details will be populated only if I select MARRIED.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

Yes, two DS-160 are needed.

2. Can I submit both DS-160 forms now before marriage when scheduling appointment.

I think that should be ok, as no checks are done as far as I am aware. But better you have some addtiional time between marriage date and visa date. I believe this is ok but haven't done it myself.

3. In my DS-160 form (H1-B)  should I need to select MARRIED or SINGLE. I will be scheduling appointment after marriage. Dependent details will be populated only if I select MARRIED.

Same as above.

I have done the joint appt myself and two DS-160's.. you do two ds forms but you can schedule just one appointment for both so you get the same time-slot for the interview..

Dear Sir,

I am going to India for marriage in Aug 2013. Will schedule one appointment  for both my H1-B and my wife H4 visa stamping. Below are my doubts

Thanks

Hi gates2010,

Thanks for you reply. your information is very useful for me.

1. One more doubt, should I need two confirmation number(one for my ds160 and another for my wife)  for booking appointment now.

2. I will fill ds160 forms now and book the appoinment with the confirmation number. Submit both the ds160 forms after marriage.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Guys,

Even I am on the same boat and have similar question.

From above thread I understand that we have to file two DS-160 one for self and other one for wife/spouse.  I have mentioned Married in both DS-160. But what is the process to book appointment at same time for both ?

Is there a option to book appointment for both at same time ? Any inputs please I am doing this for first time. 

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Yes. Fill one for you and one for your (future) wife

Yes. You can always come back and change / re-submit it without affecting your appointment.

3. In my DS-160 form (H1-B)  should I need to select MARRIED or SINGLE. I will be scheduling appointment after marriage. Dependent details will be populated only if I select MARRIED.

Fill as if married, but make sure you that you update any other details that change post marriage again on the DS-160 and re-submit (it is fine to re-submit the DS-160 after appointment)

4. Is there a option to book appointment for both at same time ? Any inputs please I am doing this for first time. 
Yes. When you schedule an appointment it gives you the option to add someone as your dependent. You will only need to schedule 1 appointment for the primary applicant (you) and add the other one. To book the appointment. 

Dear Sir,

Thanks

Archived