F2 Visa

sri0575

Hello,

I am married in December 2009 and left to USA in Decemeber 2010 for my Masters, since then my husband is in India and I am in USA.

I am currently on OPT since Feburary 2013, started working and has two pay stubs. My husband has been rejected for the F2 visa in April 2011 and then later got rejected for visiting visa in January 2013 for my Graduation Ceremony.

Can i re-apply for F2 visa again either end of May or June so that i will also have some bank balance and get more that 4 paystubs.

Can you please suggest me when to apply visa for my husband because its been a long time i am away from him.

Thank you in advance.

Guest Noah Lotte

your pay stubs, etc, have no bearing on your husband's ability to overcome 214b (immigrant intent)...if you're not returning to India to live and work, then why would the VOs believe he would?

Hello sri0575, I can completely understand the situation you are in. My wife and I were in your same boat 12 years ago and her F2 visa got denied twice.

So here are some solutions:

1) Do you plan on pursuing further studies like a PhD after your Masters or a second Masters? If the answer is yes, then the likelihood of getting an F2 visa will greatly increase. I was able to bring my wife after I got admitted into a PhD program.

2) Do you think you can get a H1 visa? H4 visas are easier to get then F2 visas

3) Can he apply for an F1 visa? If he were to get admission into a good university then his chances of getting an F1 visa are high.

Don't give up hope. It will all turn out to be good in the end. My wife who ended up joining me after nearly 2 years also went on to complete her doctorate in the US and so now all is good and we hope to become productive US citizens one day :)

Good luck!

Archived