Visitor visa for In-Laws

Raj7157

Dear All,

My In-Laws would like to visit us in usa and they are preparing for an interview documents. I have few concerns over our visa status here and would appreciate if you please help me out with it.

1) My wife came to usa on H4 visa but currently she is on F1 visa. Does VO will ask that why she changed her status from H4 to F1?

2) can she fill out I-134 by herself alone as she is independent F1 visa holder or I have to fill out that form ( I am on H1B Visa).

3) Who can send Invitation letter ? ( Me or my wife)

Thanks for your help in advance.

RAJ

1) My wife came to usa on H4 visa but currently she is on F1 visa. Does VO will ask that why she changed her status from H4 to F1?

A) The VO might ask them about your wife visa status, go ahead and tell the truth( may be she is intersted in advacned/master degree and so she is studying)

2) can she fill out I-134 by herself alone as she is independent F1 visa holder or I have to fill out that form ( I am on H1B Visa).

A) Anyone can fill out the I-134 to sponsor them but make sure you have enough funds to prove that the sponsor can support their travel in all means

I have read in this forum that self sponsor is best..but it is not TRUE in all situations. I have sponsored my in-laws last week and the VO approved the visa as well

3) Who can send Invitation letter ? ( Me or my wife)

A) It does not matter really, anyone can Invite them

All the best and update the thread with your findings

Generally applicants for visitors visas need to prove they can support themselves during their visit and that they will return to their home country at the end of their visit. Generally this means having their own property and/or jobs in their home country. An I-134 may help in borderline situations, but if the applicants are clearly very poor and completely dependent on the I-134 sponsor for support, the consulate may assume they are coming to the US to live permanently with the I-134 sponsor, and will not issue the visa.

Archived