H1 B RFE LCA job duties not matching

actedstream

I am working at client location. They have offered me full time position and applied for H1. I recieved an RFE about LCA. It says that my job duties are not matching the job duties of SOC title in LCA. It seems my LCA has a SOC occupation title whose job duties on DOL's ocupation handbook are not matching to my job duties in petition. I found another SOC occupation title which has job duties which matches more closely to that of mine.

Can my LCA be changed to accomodate new SOC title to resolve RFE? My job position title will still remain same.

Filing LCA is your employer's job. Let them do their job.

You will get a copy of LCA once it is approved. Your job is just to match the LCA duties/ title with your current or future (offered) duties. For any mismatch, contact your employer.

Can my LCA be changed to accomodate new SOC title to resolve RFE? My job position title will still remain same.

LCA, cannot be changed while H1B processing is pending unless the LCA was certified before the H1B case was filed.

The employer may have to clarify the roles to match the LCA position/job duties and respond to the RFE 'or' file another LCA and a new H1B case.

• 5 years later...
On 5/2/2013 at 11:30 AM, actedstream said:

I am working at client location. They have offered me full time position and applied for H1. I recieved an RFE about LCA. It says that my job duties are not matching the job duties of SOC title in LCA. It seems my LCA has a SOC occupation title whose job duties on DOL's ocupation handbook are not matching to my job duties in petition. I found another SOC occupation title which has job duties which matches more closely to that of mine.

how did you respond to this kind of rfe? I got the same rfe and looking for suggestions.

Archived