Will I qualify for EB-2 based on job description

mujikk

Hello All,

I started my GC process couple of days ago and I have a question if I qualify for EB-2 category based on the following job description of my future role:

Minimum Requirements:

• Bachelor’s degree in product development related discipline (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing or Design)
  • 5-10 years experience in concurrent product development.

Skill Preferences:

• MBA or pertinent MS in Engineering Management, Management Science, etc..
  • 5 to 7 years of increasing responsibility for project and people management involving a broad range of technologies and processes.

As I do not have 5 years of experience before joining, I was told that I cannot apply through EB-2 based on the experience requirement. But I do have MS & MBA degrees. Based on the above requirement, will I qualify for EB-2 category.

Best Wishes

Hi mujikk, nothing personal to you....

But what amazes me is that even to this date there is so much mis conception/information out there about EB categories... I know that numerous people here have anserwed this particular question a milion times already including myself, but the question still comes up that, I have a masters degree will I qualify for EB2?

Answer yet again is.... does not matter, your qualification has nothing what so ever to the EB category of the job!!

EB category for a job is decided by the job requirements only, if it requires a person with Advanced degree then it qualifies for EB2, otherwise not.

Hey Murthy Forum moderators shouldn't we be doing something to address this question, as folks are genuinely under the wrong impressions about the EB categories!!

Answer yet again is.... does not matter, your qualification has nothing what so ever to the EB category of the job!!

hmm.. i think OP said clearly in the tile 'based on the job description'..

OP: you need to meet all the minium requirements or meet alternate requirements, if there are any, not the preferred requirements..

Hi Shadan & Omshiv, Thank you for replying. After going through several posts on this topic, I know that it is thejob description which drives the EB-2 or EB-3 category. That is the reason why I have posted the job description here.

Also this is the job description for my future role. So if this job doesn't allow me to fall into the EB-2 category, I have the freedom to chose my career path going to a different role within the company which can allow me to qualify under EB-2.

Cap-gap, Thanks a lot for the clarification. I just spoke to the folks in the international department in my office and they said the same thing. We may have to look into adjusting the job description or apply for a different role.

As I do not have 5 years of experience before joining, I was told that I cannot apply through EB-2 based on the experience requirement.

Correct.

But I do have MS & MBA degrees. Based on the above requirement, will I qualify for EB-2 category.

Completely irrelevant!

The JOB requirements are what matters.

They cannot adjust job description and requirements just to get you a GC.

t75 - how is your comment relevant to this discussion? are you implying that the OP intends to pursuade his company to adjust the job description and requirements so that he gets a GC? Do you even care to read a post before jumping to conculsions? See the quote below from the OP (emphasis mine):

"Also this is the job description for my future role. So if this job doesn't allow me to fall into the EB-2 category, I have the freedom to chose my career path going to a different role within the company which can allow me to qualify under EB-2."

Hi Shadan & Omshiv, Thank you for replying. After going through several posts on this topic, I know that it is thejob description which drives the EB-2 or EB-3 category. That is the reason why I have posted the job description here.

Also this is the job description for my future role. So if this job doesn't allow me to fall into the EB-2 category, I have the freedom to chose my career path going to a different role within the company which can allow me to qualify under EB-2.

Cap-gap, Thanks a lot for the clarification. I just spoke to the folks in the international department in my office and they said the same thing. We may have to look into adjusting the job description or apply for a different role.

stonecold_1981, See bolded.

Archived