EB2 qualification for 10 + 3 Year Enggineering Diploma + 3 Year Engineering

Hello experts,

I am an Indian and did my studies in India.

After grade 10, I did a 3 Year Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

After that, I got into a reputed university's 4 Year Engineering program as Lateral Entrant as I already had 3 year diploma for Bachelor Of Engineering and was able to transfer the credits

By lateral entry what is mean is, I got directly into the 2nd Year of the 4 year Bachelor in Engieering study.

So my total education is 10 + 3(Diploma) + 3(Bachelor in Engineering)

On top of this, I have 9+ years is experience in IT.

My question is, though the Bachelor Of Engineering is a 4 Year Degree, since I got into the 2nd Year directly, I completed it in 3 years.

I am worried whether this will defeat my eligibility for US equalivalent 4 year degree.

I understand that I need to go for a detailed education evaluation. But I am very anxious to know the information up front.

Thanks for your time,

Krishna

Hello reach.krishnaraj,

I think you can have EB2 with 10+3+3(Dip +Degree in Engineering) education. In past lots of people had done this successfully. Refer below for list of documents which you might need to prove that you got 4 years of engineering degree through lateral entry:

1) Course-to-Course education evaluation done by reputed company like American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officer (AACRAO)

2) Get a official letter from your college/university explaining about lateral entry into degree from diploma

Hope this will help you to prove that you got 4 years of engineering degree from Indian University. One more thing you need to have labor certificate with BS+5 years of experience at least.

Good Luck

IneedAllGreen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived