H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa

pmpm

Hello All

I attended H4-visa interview on 4th April, 2013 in Ottawa. My husband has got his H1B stamped in India and I went for the interview alone. I was given 221G blue slip and my application is under Admin Processing.

VO did not look for any documents (my husband's job related/pay stubs or my bank statements etc). Neither did he look for marriage certificate nor asked any questions pertaining our wedding. I am a little surprised and concerned why he did that. If any one has similar experience, kindly share.

He asked me questions about my studies and work in Canada and same for my husband. The only document he asked me for was my resume, and since I did not have it he asked me to e-mail at the address mentioned on top right of 221G. In this forum, I found that some people who come from research field (biotech or pharma) are being given 221G.

Please anyone who has similar exp (research/ non-research field) who received 221G. please share your time lines. How long did it take to get visa approved? Did anyone has to go for 2nd interview?

Thanks

I went for 2nd interview in Ottawa, and got my visa approved for H1. I am not sure about H4. But there are high chances of getting approved if they call you for 2nd interview.

Hi capri06: How long it took for you to get 2nd interview call? Was it 221G case with you too? Plz share your timelines. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Archived