120+ Days in White 221(g) for H1b @ Vancouver

brutz

Hi i received 221g in vancouver on november 26 after some basic questions. I email them several time and US consulate says they trying to determine my qualification for H1B.

Still no update on CEAC website, it still shows date as November 26, 2012. Any one else in the same boat as i am ?

THanks,

Hi i received 221g in vancouver on november 26 after some basic questions. I email them several time and US consulate says they trying to determine my qualification for H1B.

Still no update on CEAC website, it still shows date as November 26, 2012. Any one else in the same boat as i am ?

THanks,

There few others here on 221g. But, you might be the oldest one.What was case, please describe, so we could relate, update you. Which counter did you go? When you say, consulate is deciding your qualification for H1B, do they mean, your eligibility for H1B, or your education qualification? It must be general eligibility for H1B, which 221g, in general. No one takes so long for education qualification determination.Do you have common muslim name? Best,

I have been almost waiting for 5 months. Interviewed in Vancouver on 19th Nov. I am a FT employee and they gave me a white paper i.e. 221g. The case has been in admin processing and there is no telling when it will end. and yes i have a common muslim name!

HI

Please send me your email at my profile id on gmail to get in touch with you with similar background check.

I have been waiting for 4 months now. Interviewed on 10th Dec and I am a FT employee with MS in Comp Science from usa and working in same field, was given a 221G Yellow. Status date has been updated thrice and yes i am a muslim too (not a common name though).

I have been waiting for 4 months now. Interviewed on 10th Dec and I am a FT employee with MS in Comp Science from usa and working in same field, was given a 221G Yellow. Status date has been updated thrice and yes i am a muslim too (not a common name though).

Note that I have applied in Toronto not Vancouver but i guess it really doesn't matter

• 3 weeks later...

@humami1on

It doesnt matter where you apply from. If your case was put in 221g at a US consulate in canada, it will most likely be put under administrative processing at any consulate in India as well. As a matter of fact it might start from the begining and you'll waste the time you have already spent waiting. what you can do is request for your passport back and travel back to India. when they complete your case, they'll send an email requesting for passport to be submitted for stamping and you can fly back. its pricey cuz of tickets etc but as there is not even an approx ETA given by them, it could be the best option. I have been waiting for 8months and 12 days now.....

If you are a contractor, i've heard that for many cases they contact the employer after approx 6months and ask if you still have a project and based on the response process your case. Again each case is diff but as I have been waiting for so long I have researched a lot and found these real time scenarios. It doesnt help me though as I am a full time employee....

good luck!!

Foreigner2012 is right and I would suggest to do the same if you can (you should have a multiple entry visa though). I have been waiting since 10th Dec,2012 and haven't heard a word abt my application but waiting it out in Toronto as don't have multiple entry visa.

@Foreigner2012: can you please share you email address or send me an email (you can see my email address on my profile). Hopefully, we can talk about it

• 3 months later...

Finally i got an email from consulate to submit my passport through loomis on Tuesday august 20. While the new update date shows on CEAC website shows as last updated on "August 19". I got this email from consulate after 9 months of waiting. I submitted my passport to loomis on Thursday august 22 and it was delivered to consulate today at august 23. I have two more guys in similar situation who came back from India after receiving an email from consulate to submit passport through loomis.

All there of us are muslim so i guess it was common name check which got completed.

Keeping fingers cross, i will update you guys when i have more information to share.

Thanks,

Archived