Canada visa - applied online

txresearcher

Applied online on Feb 19th, got request to send the passport to NY consulate on march 18th. Sent it the same day and it reached on March 20th. No response as of today (march 26th). I have my visa interview on april 3rd, flight on 2nd evening.

Does it help if I go in person to NY consulate explaining my situation?

TRV applied online - Feb 7th

Got Approval from CIC - March 6th

Sent passport and reached NY CIC - March 12th

No updates till now and waiting to receive my passport.

I have appoint at Vancover on April 8th and flying on April 7th Morning. If i don't receive passport in next 1 week, i will be in deep trouble. Have booked Hotel, Flight and made all arrangements. I may loose some money, if i cancel the hotel and flights now. :(

hey Bostondude,

i have the interview on april 3rd too. My passport reached the NY Canadian consulate on march 20th, a day after yours' did.

They have a public holiday on this friday because of easter. Tomorrow and monday are the only chances we have. Even if they ship it out by monday we will get it tuesday. if not, have to reschedule the appoitment. Frustrating it is. Have to cancel my flight.

Let me know if you see any activity on your side.

Who would have thought it can take 40+ days.

Good luck.

@sharma

What time it got activated or when did you check, Since your was on March 18th and mine was reciceved on March 19th, just trying to see if mine can become active today.

Thanks in Advance

It got active on Match 26. Left NY on March 27, reached Chicago today (March 28th) morning.

Archived