Non-IT to Software consultant

hereforme

Hi everyone, i am going to attend visa intervieew, Actually i have Non-IT(Chemical) background in my Bachelors and Master's also.

Now i am working as a software consultant, i am worried about the master and bachelors degree major and about my work.

I have some certificates related to computer software and training certificates.

if the VO ask about the study, what are the best answers i need to provide please help me guys.

Thanks in advance.

if you have any computer related courses in your masters you can answer him that those courses were of much interested and thought of exploring the IT field and have done certifications based on those courses and found a job.

That is of course a bad idea to stretch things this way.

For an H1, the person has to have a degree in the field of work. Not just some courses.

The OP should discuss his situation with a good lawyer. Anything else is risking a denial.

if you have any computer related courses in your masters you can answer him that those courses were of much interested and thought of exploring the IT field and have done certifications based on those courses and found a job.

but be confident and bold.

Oh, and being "confident and bold" is of course not possible when working for a consulting company. It would be different if the OP got a real job in the IT field, e.g., at Google or Microsoft or Apple. But with his "qualifications" just barely good enough for a consulting job...

but be confident and bold.

well,if you can gain knowledge just with certifications,then no one goes to school for CS degree.

Forget about the -ve fellows up there....if you hv any try to relate any of course work you did to your IT field.....and tell VO you just want to improve the job opportunity scope in this kind of job market and show them any certifications.....9 out of 10 who go for visa these days are software developers and 7 out of those 9 are IT consultants....good luck cheers......

Forget about the -ve fellows up there....if you hv any try to relate any of course work you did to your IT field.....and tell VO you just want to improve the job opportunity scope in this kind of job market and show them any certifications.....9 out of 10 who go for visa these days are software developers and 7 out of those 9 are IT consultants....good luck cheers......

A person's successful visa interview doesn't depend on someone else success.

But what you have said is also correct, their lots of people working in IT without IT degree. But according to H1 rules, this is not acceptable.

Forget about the -ve fellows up there....if you hv any try to relate any of course work you did to your IT field.....and tell VO you just want to improve the job opportunity scope in this kind of job market and show them any certifications...

An H1 is not for "improving the job opportunieis".

If a person wants to "improve the job opportunities", the person should have gotten a degree in CS.

Certifications don't matter for an H1.

Only a degree in the field matters.

..9 out of 10 who go for visa these days are software developers and 7 out of those 9 are IT consultants...

And that has what to do with the OP? The OP's issue is that he doesn't have a degree in CS.

The employer-employee relationship memo already makes getting an H1 for consultants harder. And further, there is a bill in Congress to basically prohibit H1 consulting jobs. No idea if the bill will go anywhere, but the abuse of shady consulting companies is known by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived