Need your suggestion Please...

anil0903

Hi,

My wife has cleared her USMLE steps and applied for her residency programs this year and unfortunately she did not match in any of the hospitals though she has very good scores.

And NRMP offers online application programs for the unfilled vacant residency positions in the hospitals, so which ever hospitals are listed under online program so called SOAP, needd to be applied only through online and the candidates are not supposed to contact the Program director directly or via mail , which would be considered as an Violation.

And unfortunately there were some unfilled positions at a hospital and she was unable to apply for that hospital online and there is no way to contact them to apply for that position

So my wife had sent an email to the respective program director saying that their shopital was not listed under SOAP and dont know how to apply for the unfilled position.

Now my wife got a mail from NRMP saying she has voilated the rules and if its proven, they would suspend her license for 3 to 5 years.

Firstly my wife did not voilate any rules as in she tried to contact for a position which was showing vacant and the candidates are given only 2 days to apply for the unfilled positions, so she has no other way to contact them.

And my wife even called the Program director to apologise for the same but they were so rude and said her to wait for another 5 years.

Now I dont know what to do other than consoling her, your suggestion would be highly appreciated..

This is the first year under the new NRMP and now-regularized "Scramble". the idea was to give veryone in the scramble a fair shot. Your wife has to answer all questions from the NRMP if they open an official investigation into the matter. Now, why did she call to apologize if she did nothing wrong?

Archived