H1 visa and B2 visa on same date and time visa stamping any issue?

mohan9823

HI All,

I am working in USA last 5 years 2 month and came to india for Visa Stamp -H1B Visa and H4 visa for my wife. We schedule appointment next week 13march2013.

I have applied B2 visa for my Parents same day and time. Plan to go all together and get stamp.

Is it any issue for all of us or my parents B2 visa. if they ask where is your son then they can say in india came for visa stamp?

please guide require documents for B2 visa and Questions amd H1/H4 Visa stamp documents.

THanks

Mohan

You will not be interviewed together. Attending at the same time should neither help nor hurt since both stampings should be based on the merits.

If you do not already have your employer provided documents for your stamping, you have a problem.

In interviewing for the B-2 visa, the consulate will look for reasons the applicant may want to stay in the US, as well as reasons that the applicant is likely to return home, and of course proof that the applicant is able to support himself while in the US. The B-2 applicant should be sure to answer all questions honestly, but is not required to provide information not asked for. Having a child who is entering the US in H-1B status could work for or against the B-2 applicant, depending on the specifics of the situation. If the parent appears to be financially dependent on the child, the visa is unlikely to be issued.

Murthy Law Firm does have an affiliate attorney in India who assists with visa applications.

Hi All,

Thanks for your update.

I have all documents in place for h1B documents.

Employer Verififcation letter

last 6 month Payslip,

Resume,

I-129 Approved

I797 Approved

Tax resturn for last 5 years.

Ds-160,Appointment letter,Payment receipt.

I am sponsoring B2 Visa Expenses and got Bank statements and bank verification letter.

They do have below documents,

Invitation,Consulate Letter & I-134 affidiat letter

Bank Letter having sufficient fund,

Ds-160,Appointment letters,payment slip.

They do have bank balance in india and immovable properties on their own.

they can say going for Tourism and stay with son and gradchild for 5 month. I have business and grandchild sond and daughter in india will back after 5 months?

Please let me know all documents require for stamp H1/H4 & B2 and sample Q&A.

Thanks

mohan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help and guidence,

We got H1& H4, B2 visa without issue.

H1B :

who is your employer & how long you are working $ salary Approved.

He looked my babies us passport :).

B2:

where are you going , who is there, do you have properties in india, how many kids and ask them wait for 10 min. discussed and checked system visa approved.

waiting for passport.

be prepare and have all doc you will get it.

• 1 year later...

Hi Mohan,

Question for you. Was there any issue in the B2 visa for your parents, since you were not in US?

While filling I-134, we need to provide I-94 number right? What did you provide, as you might not have had that since you were in India?

As far as Bank verification letters - did you take it from US before leaving to India?

Thanks!

I am not sure if my previous post is showing yet. So I am repeating my query.

Mohan - What did you fill up in the I94 field on the I-134 form? Since you were in India for your own stamping, you would not have this information right?

Also, did you give your US address in the form, since you were returning back from your vacation?

My question is basically this: If someone is traveling to US in the near future on a H1B, and their visa is stamped already, can he/she be a sponsor to his/her parents for their B2 visa?

Mohan - What did you fill up in the I94 field on the I-134 form? Since you were in India for your own stamping, you would not have this information right?

Also, did you give your US address in the form, since you were returning back from your vacation?

My question is basically this: If someone is traveling to US in the near future on a H1B, and their visa is stamped already, can he/she be a sponsor to his/her parents for their B2 visa?

There is no sponsorship for a visitor visa. Your visa status has nothing to do with visitor visa for your parents.

Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa.

Thanks for all the responses. So there is not sponsor for visitor visa, but if parents are not paying for their trip, and I am paying for their trip and I am bearing all the expenses for them when they are in US

1. they need to give my information on DS-160 and

2. I need to provide I-134, bank account statement showing I have enough funds to take care of their expenses when they are in US

Is the above information accurate? If so,

1. if I am in India and am traveling back to US soon, how do I fill the I-134? Since I do not have an I-94, should I be leaving that field blank?

2. Also, even though I am in India, can I give my address in US, since I will be traveling back from vacation?

3. In the invite letter to my parents and in the letter to the consulate, should I be indicating that I am currently in India and I will be traveling to US soon, and provide my US address?

Thanks for all the responses. So there is not sponsor for visitor visa, but if parents are not paying for their trip, and I am paying for their trip and I am bearing all the expenses for them when they are in US

1. they need to give my information on DS-160 and

2. I need to provide I-134, bank account statement showing I have enough funds to take care of their expenses when they are in US

That means they are dependent on you.

If a visitor doesn't have enough money for the vacation, then what's the gurantee that they will leave US after the vacation?

You better stay out of this process and let them do it by themselves, its better to attend the interview when they have enough money for the trip.

• 1 year later...

did you happen to get answer for the below question. I am in same situation now, where I have H1B stamping (I came for vacation) & B2 Visa interview for my father. What I need to update for the below questions?

1. if I am in India and am traveling back to US soon, how do I fill the I-134? Since I do not have an I-94, should I be leaving that field blank?

2. Also, even though I am in India, can I give my address in US, since I will be traveling back from vacation?

3. In the invite letter to my parents and in the letter to the consulate, should I be indicating that I am currently in India and I will be traveling to US soon, and provide my US address?

4. s it any issue for all of us or my parents B2 visa. if they ask where is your son then they can say in india came for visa stamp?

did you happen to get answer for the below question. I am in same situation now, where I have H1B stamping (I came for vacation) & B2 Visa interview for my father. What I need to update for the below questions?

4. s it any issue for all of us or my parents B2 visa. if they ask where is your son then they can say in india came for visa stamp?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Not required.

4. Can say where you work and designation.

Archived