Visitor Visa for parents got denied twice. Want to apply again. Please help

yash123

Hi,

My parents visitor visa(b2) got rejected in Chennai Consulate two times stating under 214G.

I am the only daughter to my parents and they are retired. What I read in the consulate website about 214G is, if your situation has not changed from previous try, chances of getting the visa is less.

I want to apply visa again but I cannot change the fact that I am the only child and they are retired.

They had taken sufficient documents of the property, but nothing was asked during the interview. I have sponsored the visa for my parents both the times.

My questions are:

1. I want to try again(within 2 months of rejection) by sending the senator letter. Is this going to help in getting visa?

2. If senator letter is not a good idea, what are the other options? What situation do I need to change?

3. If they sponsor the visa, is that going to help? They are retired, they don't have pension but they get income thru fixed deposit. How much bank balance they need to have?

4. Is there any thing specific that I need to specify in DS-160?

Thanks

why dont you try Murthy Law firm at Chennai. Mr. Senthil Kumar is the best person, take his advice...you should be good.

I contacted Murthy Law firm in India. But no one replied yet. What is the better way to contact Mr. Senthil Kumar. Since I am in US, can I talk to him over phone/email?

They should self sponsor if they have funds. You sponsoring indicates that they need you financial support.

If they do self sponsor, is there any minimum amount that needs to be shown in their bank account? And also, since they are retired and get monthly pension around 10k. Is it good idea to show them as self sponsor?

Hi Yash123,

As you may be aware by now, all B2 visa applicants are subject to the presumption of immigrant intent under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Accordingly, they need to establish their strong ties to their home country. Since the visa application has been refused earlier, we may have to establish some change in circumstances (or) try to provide additional information about their strong ties to India to try and overcome this presumption of immigrant intent. Invariably the Consular officers decide applications based on information available on the DS forms and information elicited at the visa interview. They look into additional supporting documents only if they wish to verify any information. We need more information to decide if it is worth reapplying. If you wish to discuss this further, you may feel free to schedule a paid consultation with our office - please email us on info@murthyindia.com and we can take this forward from there.

Archived