Husband and wife sponsor for mother's visitor visa

msc111

I want to get my mother here from India on a visit visa. This will be here first time. Could you please let me know if it’s ok for me and my wife to co-sponsor her visa? As in, when I write a letter to the consulate general in India, is it ok for me to mention my wife’s salary and job as well as mine to show stronger financial support?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. But let me clarify my question - When my mother will apply for a Visitor visa, she would need supporting documents from my end, eg Form I-134, Employment letter, Pay stubs, Bank letter & statement, Invitation Letter, Income tax doc, Marriage certificate, and passport. Since my wife is also working, I want to add her employment and other documents as well in order to make my mother’s case financially strong and show that we can support her during her stay. So my question is - can we do that?

If yes, then:

1) should we include my name and my wife's name and signatures on Invitation letter?

or

2) Should we fill out 2 separate I-134 forms - each from husband and wife?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Noah Lotte

No documentation from you (or anyone else) is required...your employment letter does not bestow any value to your mother; an I 134 is not legally enforceable, thus, has no positive impact on the outcome of a visa interview; your bank accounts, tax statement, passport, etc, are yours, not hers. She will have to convince the VOs that she will (a) leave the US after the visit time she states and (b) not engage in unathorized employment (including babysitting grandchildren)...nothing you can offer or say will overcome these issues....

Archived