Vendor support inhouse engineer -

hasitha

Hello experts, I am planning for Visa interview very soon. I have a strange situation and I am hoping to get some suggestions

Scenario: Company AAA designs and sells hardware. Company BBB buys company AAA products. Now, I am a contractor for AAA providing pre-sales design and certification support for BBB at BBB's location.

My work model: Employer->Prime Vendor->AAA ( manufacturer)->BBB. My LCA was filed for BBB location. My work is assigned by the manager at AAA based on issues reported ( in form of tickets) by BBB

My question: Am I in EVVC model or EVCC model? Either way, what's the appropriate answers for below questions without concealing facts or lying.

Q1: Who is your end client?

Q2: What do you do for the client?

A: Inhouse engineer of AAA supporting BBB. But then I cannot provide a client letter from BBB

I have letters from employer, vendor and AAA. However, BBB doesn't provide client letters to Vendors or their employees/contractors.

I haven't come across people/posts who were in this situation.

Q1: Who is your end client?

Q2: What do you do for the client?

A: Inhouse engineer of AAA supporting BBB. But then I cannot provide a client letter from BBB

I have letters from employer, vendor and AAA. However, BBB doesn't provide client letters to Vendors or their employees/contractors.

I haven't come across people/posts who were in this situation.

1. Your work location is the client location. If you work at AAA, then that's your end client

2. Just explain what you do at your client location.

If you work at BBB' location then BBB will be your client and you need letter from them.But you said your LCA was filed for BBB's location so in this case your client is BBB and your work model is EVVC and their is nothing called "EVCC".

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert.

I appreciate your intention to state the facts. Remember these,

H1B Employer-Employee relationship to be maintained throughout period requested.

Employer should retain right to control over your work assignment and supervision.

This conflicts with your situation where AAA's manager assigns you work (may bring up the question - Should not AAA file your H1 petition?) Instead you can state AAA assigns your employer the work and you as an employee of employer complete it for AAA at a location BBB for which you have the LCA.

So you can say your employer has agreement with AAA to provide "pre-sales design, certification support etc...". AAA designs and sells hardware to various clients, one of which is BBB. As you are in "implementation phase or whatever phase" of this project, you are working at location BBB. Once project is complete, you will revert back to AAA's location or employer's work location as required at that time.

Best to consult with your employer's lawyer or consult a lawyer yourself and clarify your questions. It is worth the time & money.

Archived