Mistake in DS-160,Can I submit a new DS-160 ?

jasmine1986

Hi,

I completed DS-160 on behalf of my mother to whom my husband will be sponsoring for her visitor visa . In the family information section,I mentioned only my name in the direct relatives.But forgot to mention about my mom’s sisters who are also living in US.I updated the visa information in US travel docs website and paid the visa fees but not yet booked an appointment.

Can I submit a new DS-160 now as I have not yet made an appointment but only paid the fees ?

Does she need to mention about the old DS-160 at the time of interview to the VO ?

Thanks,

Jasmine

In general, the applicant(s) should verify the information provided in DS 160 – Nonimmigrant visa application for accuracy of facts before signing and submitting the form online. If the applicant notices an apparent inadvertent error in the DS 160 after generating the confirmation page, it is better to generate a new DS 160 with accurate information. The applicant can update the latest DS 160 Confirmation number to their profile on UStraveldocs.com. This feature is available only for the primary applicant in the interview. For family members applying along with primary applicant, s/he should carry the updated DS 160 Confirmation page and indicate to the officer at Off-site Facilitation Center (OFC) and at the prescreening counter at the respective U.S. consulate/embassy to update their records ahead of the visa interview. If you need more information on the above or assistance with your mother’s B2 visa application, feel free to contact one of our Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services, Chennai. More information can be found here http://www.murthyindia.com.

Archived