Canada H1B Visa Stamping

priyamukund

Hi ,

I did my first Stamping in India ( September 2008 ) .

I am on H1B Currently and my petition is valid till Sept 2014( extension done in Sept 2011) . I am planning to go to Canada for my H1B Stamping

I need to know the following details :

1) Do i have to do any Graduation / Masters in US, in order to go to Canada H1B Stamping .

2) Since i have done my H1B Stamping in India (initially) and this is an extension that i am doing, will i be eligible for Canada H1B Stamping

3) I heard from Jan 7th onwards, for getting the canada tourist visa, drop box facility is not available anymore, but we have to courier the passport and application . Is that correct. Does any one have recently heard about it ?

Please help !!

Thanks

Priya

Hi ,

I am on H1B Currently and my petition is valid till Sept 2014( extension done in Sept 2011) . I am planning to go to Canada for my H1B Stamping

1) Do i have to do any Graduation / Masters in US, in order to go to Canada H1B Stamping .

2) Since i have done my H1B Stamping in India (initially) and this is an extension that i am doing, will i be eligible for Canada H1B Stamping

3) I heard from Jan 7th onwards, for getting the canada tourist visa, drop box facility is not available anymore, but we have to courier the passport and application . Is that correct. Does any one have recently heard about it ?

Please help !!

Thanks

Priya

Hi Priya,

Here are the answers for your questions..

1. You don't need to do Masters in US to get your VISA stamped in Canada

2. You are eligible for Canada VISA stamping.

3. Yes, you need to send all your documents by post to the respective consulate are that you belong to. I sent my documents to Los Angeles office 3 weeks ago and I got my Canada VISA stamped in 1 week. Let me know if you any info regarding Canadian Visa. Happy to Help you.

Hi ,

Please help !!

Thanks

Priya

You do not need an MS in US to attend Canada H1B stamping. You are eligible for it.

Yes you can attend a US consulate in Canada to get it done.

The Canadian Consulates are "accepting" in person applications. However the passport along with VISA if approved will ONLY be mailed back to the applicant along with other enclosed original documents. I believe LA consulate still allows people to collect the passports in person. But please check respecitive consulate website for more speicific info.

Archived