When do you get the passport in vancouver

kchokkal

Hi,

I have my Visa Interview on February 6th (Wednesday). I have couple of question on it.

• Is it mandatory to book the return ticket also while entering Canada ?
  • Usually how long it takes them to return the passport if everything goes well . Friday(Feb 8th) or Monday(Feb 11th) or Tuesday(Feb 12th).

1) No, you donot need a return ticket to enter canada. Just tell the canada immigration officer that you are visiting consulate for visa renewal , they will know it since they probably already saw thousands of cases like you.

2) If you have your interview on friday morning, your best case is you will get tracking details monday evening, worst case is tuesday evening.

I wouldnt make any return plans unless i get the visa approved, and if all goes well in the interview , you should be good to get out of vancouver wednesday evening at any case.

Hi,

I have my Visa Interview on February 6th (Wednesday). I have couple of question on it.

• Is it mandatory to book the return ticket also while entering Canada ?

- No

• Usually how long it takes them to return the passport if everything goes well . Friday(Feb 8th) or Monday(Feb 11th) or Tuesday(Feb 12th)

Roughly you will get your passport back by Monday.

Hi,

See my comments below

• Is it mandatory to book the return ticket also while entering Canada ? No its not mandatory to book a return ticket.

• Usually how long it takes them to return the passport if everything goes well . Friday(Feb 8th) or Monday(Feb 11th) or Tuesday(Feb 12th). There is no particular date for passport. It usually takes 3-5 business days. You will get email from the laser.report ( usually within a day or two, check in spam if it is not in inbox ) saying that your passport has been picked up from US consulate with the updated waybill number ( this number is required when you goto loomis to collect your passport ). After you receive this email you can goto loomis and show a ID and they will give your passport with I797.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Raj

Archived