Successful Visitor Visa interview for my parents at Mumbai - 2nd attempt

MYNAME_NO_SPAM

All-

This is really good news for me and a good new year start :)

I had applied for visitor visa for my parents for the first time in March 2011. The interview did not go well and (nothing unusal but father said VO asked very few questioned) visa was denied.

I was not sure when to apply again. Finally I decided to apply again when I was going to be in India on vacation i.e. in Jan 2013.

This time we did not do anything different. Appointment was at 9am on 2nd Jan. I only told my paraents to be confident.

Well this time the translater (local language interview) was a lady and she was very nice (as per my mother). Again, not many questions were asked...she asked about...

1. Why are you going to US

2. Who is in India (my other siblings)

3. How long stay.

and visa was approved. I had very little hope as the visa was denied the first time.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have a question - Since your parents got the visa recently hope you will be able to answer it.

I am also planning to send my parents for the visitors visa next month, but they will be coming here after 3 or 4 months.

With new visa format, i heard that the visitors visa is given only for 6 months (not like earlier times which was given 10 years multiple entry visa).

Can you let me know if i send them next month for the visa and if they come after 3 months or when ever we plan for it - is it possible for them to stay here for 6 months. In other words - is it that they will get the visa for 6 months from the date they have attend the visa interview.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sudeer.

Archived