221g- yellow- Toronto - Dec 31st

h1bdec

today, I attended my h1b intrv . VO issued 221g - Yellow for further review on my case..

Ques:

-How long you been in Canada? - x days

-Whom you are working for? - Told my Company name

- What they do ?- Provides IT consulting services to the clients

- Who is your end client? XXX

- How long you have been with your end client? - 6 Months, Since May 2012

- What is your Title? - Quality Assurance Analyst

-Which university you graduated? xxx - told university name

VO said, our system are slow wait for 2 mins...after that He asked, After graduation you worked on OPT and then H1B Right? - I said Yes..Around 2 mins he looked in the computer and told to me I' cancelling your F1 visa

After that He said, I'm issuing a 221g for further process to review your case.And Returned my Passport back along with 221g, VO has only my I797A and DS160 confirmation. Did not ask ANY documents / Just marked "Necessary Administrative processing" in 221g yellow slip and passed to me.!!

Please let me know what are the possible reasons to issue 221g , How long it it will take?

When Can I expect the response from the Toronto Consulate on my Case! ...Thanks...

Just For Info,I don't have common Muslim name...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello bro, mine interview was on 10th Dec and have no common muslim name, moreover I am working FT with a MS in CS and working as SE. Asked me the same common questions and then i was given a 221g yellow slip. I was told that it could take couple of weeks for administrative processing. I am still waiting for the response from Toronto US Consulate. Please keep this post updated, if you have heard any word abt your application.

Hello bro, mine interview was on 10th Dec and have no common muslim name, moreover I am working FT with a MS in CS and working as SE. Asked me the same common questions and then i was given a 221g yellow slip. I was told that it could take couple of weeks for administrative processing. I am still waiting for the response from Toronto US Consulate. Please keep this post updated, if you have heard any word abt your application.

Mine was also on Dec 10th at Vancouver consulate with no common muslim name and put under admin processing but not yelow slip.

Next week following the interview, got email from consulate that they are done with admin processing and passport will be ready on so and so date.

If your client/employer never been contacted then its just background check and you should hear soon from the consulate.

Is there any case number given or any document checks on 221g?

If there's no case number then it may be a background or client check.

I do not have common muslim name and still have to go through back common ground check.

VO mentioned my name , Batch number and checked " necessary administrative processing" on the yellow slip and gave it to me. Did not check anything on the slip or ask any documents.

I was also given Blue slip with no documents asked and also the case status is showing necessary administrative processing... How come they decide this case should go through the admin processing... I was never on bench... I had my pay stubs from day 1 to till date... also with the same employer... wait is frustating.......

I've got the same thing as @h1bdec, VO mentioned my name, batch number and checked 'necessary administrative processing' on the yellow slip.

Did you try to contact consulate after your interview, If you contacted did you get any response,Did they ask you any documents while you are waiting / they tooke any documents during the interview for admin processing?

VO said, our system are slow wait for 2 mins...after that He asked, After graduation you worked on OPT and then H1B Right? - I said Yes..Around 2 mins he looked in the computer and told to me I' cancelling your F1 visa

how come Vo cancelled your F1 visa...u still have ur F1 visa valid?

yes I have valid f1 visa

My interview was on 17th Dec. VO approved my visa during the interview. But I got an email asking for additional documents on the same day evening. I submitted them. The following day, my client got a call to confirm the project details. Since then I am waiting. The status shows as Admin processing.

Please keep this topic updated if you guys have any updates.

My interview was on 17th Dec. VO approved my visa during the interview. But I got an email asking for additional documents on the same day evening. I submitted them. The following day, my client got a call to confirm the project details. Since then I am waiting. The status shows as Admin processing.

Please keep this topic updated if you guys have any updates.

. What documents you submitted after your interview, How you are contacting the consulate through email or calling them? I'm still waiting for consulate for any documents to submit.

They sent me an email from TRTFPU@state.gov asking for client letter, paystubs, W2s, Tax returns, Bank statements. I sent the documents to the same email address. Also, requested for the status update to the same email address since I received email from them. I would not recommend to contact them directly unless they contact you. (TRTFPU stands for Toronto Fraud Prevention Unit).

They sent me an email from TRTFPU@state.gov asking for client letter, paystubs, W2s, Tax returns, Bank statements. I sent the documents to the same email address. Also, requested for the status update to the same email address since I received email from them. I would not recommend to contact them directly unless they contact you. (TRTFPU stands for Toronto Fraud Prevention Unit).

Hi..I also got same email..They asked..

A letter (on letterhead) from personnel department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

Is this client letter? or I need to get something from my employer. I'm waiting for my employer/attorney response

I think they are verifying my case also same as you ..Please be in touch ....my email....raj.nath987 (at) gmail com

Hey, i am also in same situation, I attended the interview today at Toronto.

VO asked me following questions:

1. Why do you want to go to USA?

2. Are you still with the employer mentioned on 797?

3. Since how long are you working with this employer?

4. can you show me your Tax returns?

Thats it.

He hold my original 797 approvals and gave passport back and gave me the 221G letter for "Necessary administrative processing". and said, look for the email.

I asked him, how long it may take to receive the email? he said, a week or 2 weeks or month in some cases.

But luckily, i got the email in a hour with below response.

"In order to proceed with your visa application, please provide to this office the letter from your petitioner submitted to USCIS as a part of your petition, as well as your LCA"

I have them in hand. but he did not asked me for them when i was in front of him. Thats ok. I feel good now as i received the email so quickly for the documents i already have.

I just wanted to share this information, so that everyone knows that its possible to get the email on same day.

Wishing you all Good luck.

Thank you

h1bdec,

Even though I replied to you in email. I am writing this for everyone's benefit. The letter they are asking is the client letter, at least that is what I submitted.

Hi..I also got same email..They asked..

A letter (on letterhead) from personnel department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

Is this client letter? or I need to get something from my employer. I'm waiting for my employer/attorney response

I think they are verifying my case also same as you ..Please be in touch ....my email....raj.nath987 (at) gmail com

I went in person to consulate and submitted the docs they requested.

I did not had any interview with vo officer. the person who reviews the docs and gives the token, took my docs and didn't take my passport. and gave 221G form back and said i can leave and look for email for the response.

I am waiting for the email. i am hoping the email will arrive in a week at least.

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? I haven't received any mail today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed? Help needed. Thanks in advance.

Re-Posting Becoz of font issue:

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? I haven't received any mail today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed? Help needed. Thanks in advance.

Did you try to contact consulate after your interview, If you contacted did you get any response,Did they ask you any documents while you are waiting / they tooke any documents during the interview for admin processing?

I asked my company attorney to contact and she heard from consulate that they can't even reply before 60 days of interview.

VO didn't ask for any document, I even asked him if he wants to see my employment letter or anything but he said, if needed, they will email.

They haven't took any documents but I797.

I was given a 221g yello slip with batch number 142. I am not even sure what this batch number is for. Same thing happened with me, didn't ask alot and haven't even ask for any document. Not even my resume. But He took my I-797 and I haven't heard a single word since then. Please keep posted if you came to know what this batch number is for. Thanks

Hi all i tracked 221G's in Toronto list for past month,This info is helpful for you guys to check with each other.

If its not, please excuse me in posting this way..

Toronto 221G's list...

http://forum.murthy..../166804-h1bdec/

http://forum.murthy....170107-jaxking/

http://forum.murthy....er/169029-mane/

http://forum.murthy....63341-mskataru/

http://forum.murthy....802-rgaddam437/

http://forum.murthy....1-jan2013-221g/

http://forum.murthy....69861-rmdharan/

Thank you for posting those links. Certainly would help. However I created a topic "Toronto 221g tracking". If all of you can kindly post your "Toronto 221g" cases there , it would be helpful for all of us to track. Thanks in advance.

Archived