11/26 (NOV-26) Toronto successful Visa stamping for FTE- waiting for Loomis email

easybasu

Time to give back to forum..

Interview Lasted for 20 mins.. wait to get into my 9:30 AM appt was the painful part almost waiting in the cold temps for more than an hour.

Bottom line.. if you got docs, incom tax returns for last few yrs it may be a smooth ride at toronto..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Kolkota last year ---

I've been to kolkotta last year and was issued a 221=g even though i worked for the same company, one of the top companies. i was called after 3 weeks to get the visa though for no wrong reason..

It was nightmare and VO questioned about 10 mins on why i came from HYD to Kolkata for visa interview rather than docs or anything.

Plain stupid-- playing with minds that getting to the point..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VO: Where are you coming from

VO: What do you do for your employer.

VO: Where do you reside and where you work

Ans: xxx, at so so location (my position has a title "Tech consultant even though full time to the company)

VO: Who is your petitioner and do you work for the same petitioner..

A: I said yes to both. I said i dont work at offsite location.

( i think that will deviate from regular questions about client letters. i had this issue in india stamping which was a nightmare explaining to the Chinese VO officer)/

VO: What is your salary

A:xxx,

VO: show me your Tax returns.

A: showed him last two years tax retuns. , last 5 yr w-2's., last 2 yrs pay stubs

VO: Carefully looked and asked did you make this much money before ?

A: Yes i told old salary and said i got an appraisal this april.

VO: skimmed through all paystubs submitted.

My passport and 797 was not given. Did not say anything, he said i will get an email through loomis.

I was not sure but since there was not anything negative i thought it is approved.

Just waiting for the loomis email . guys who have been on the same date , please update if you have gotten loomis email.

I think it will come wedenesday evening or so for a monday appt?

End of 2nd day after interview i got an email from loomis saying that the passport has been picked up from consulate but not ready to be picked up at Loomis location.

how long does it take from this point 1 day or 2 days ?

Dear xxxx,

Your passport has been picked up from the Consular Section and within the next few days you will be able to pick it up at:

LOOMIS Markham HOLD FOR PICKUP

95 MICRO COURT

MARKHAM, ON

L3R5N1

Your Waybill Number is xxxxx.

easybasu:

First of all congrats, you got lucky...I got unlucky as I found out yesterday that my PIMS update is pending, once it is updated they will issue visa immediately and notify me to pick up the passport...I had no clue until yesterday when I called embassy and found this out and VO also didn't inform during the interview that my PIMS is pending, how irresponsible...anyways its been a frustrating experience and don't know how they keep track of PIMS updates, there is a big gap in the system i believe, my H1 extension was approved way back in January....So anyways i will have wait 3-5 business days to get passport, this is my 4th day and no update yet....

Thx...

Archived