H1B Visa got stamped successfully @ Vancouver on Nov 9

infoboy

Hi Guys,

I would like to thank murthy forum and Every one who posted their valuable suggestions and experiences here. My interview was on Nov 9 at Vancouver, Canada.

--> When you arrive at the consulate, at the gate they check your passport, DS confirmation first page and the I-797. and then you will be allowed in.

-->you will now go through a security check just like in airport. and then after security check you will enter a room where you will be issued a token number at a window.

-->Then you will be asked to go to another floor, I think 20th floor with security guard where you will see counters. your token number will be called and you give your finger prints at a window. after that you will wait for your final interview.

My interview :

VO) On What status you were on before your H-1B?

ME) I was on Student Visa

VO) where do you work at?

ME) told and provided my client letter.

VO) How long have you been working for your Client.

ME) around 2.5 yrs

VO) 2.5 years for the same client? When did your H-1B started?

ME) yes, H-1B started a year ago. I was working on my OPT earlier for the same client.

VO) do you have pay stubs?

ME) provided (6 paystubs)

VO) Your Visa is approved and you can collect your passport in 3-5 business days.

ME) Thank you, have a great day.

there were around seven people on that day and all of us got approved. They are also asking questions like why are you visiting to Vancouver. All I suggest you is to be kool and confident throught out the interview. All the best to you!!

Visiting Places in Vancouver that I know of : 1) Suspension Bridge 2) Grove Mountains 3) Victoria Island (you go in ferry along with your car) also there are other islands which you can search online.

Weather: Its cold there so make sure you have nice jacket.

Archived