successful h1b stamping in Chennai 8th Nov

madhu85

Hi All,

I have been following this forum from last few months and had successful visa stamping on 8th Nov.

Thanks to this forums.

so here is my experienece:

I had my OFC on 6th nov in Mumbai. The process was as usual posted in other forums.

Interview was on 8th Nov in Chennai.

I reached consulate at 7.45 a.m. and my interview was at 8.30.

my token number was called at 9.

Plesantaries exchanged.

VO: who is you client?

Ans:XXXXXX

then he asked my for petition letter to US consulate and petition copy.

VO: so you have end client?

Ans:XXXXXX as per petition letter.

VO:what do you do for client?

Ans: I started answering then he stopped me and asked my annual salary.

he scanned something in computer and in my petition letter..after a minute, he said. everything looks ok. I am issuing your visa.

you will get your passport in a week.

and that was it.

I would suggest, just go through all the documents you have carefully. question will be related to it.

Be calm and confident.

all the best to you all.

Thank you.

Congrats, thanks for sharing!

I have my visa appointment on Nov 23rd in Chennai. Hope all goes well. Non-IT direct employee.

Could you brief the procedure on the OFC - finger printing? Is it just a formality or anything to look out for? Any special document requirements?

@BPL It is just a finger printing and digital photograph they take at the OFC. Just carry your interview appointment letter and DS Confirmation page with your passport. That's it nothing else is needed.

@luck2u Just be patient you will receive your passport. I have attended the interview and did not receive the passport yet. IF you like to know your passport status leave an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and you will get reply in a couple of minutes.

@Madhu Congrats for your visa approval

Congrats madhu85 and thanks for sharing your experience.

I have some questions -

Did you go to the same consulate for interview (Chennai I guess) or different than what you chose during filing out DS-160?

I think you work for an end client. I heard that they ask more questions if you are working on in-house project. Is it true?

Since you changed from H4 to H1, what documents did you carry to prove that you were always in status? Did they ask anything about your H4 at all?

Thanks again for your help.

-PM

Congrats madhu85 and thanks for sharing your experience.

I have some questions -

1. Did you go to the same consulate for interview, which you had chosen while filing out DS-160?

2. I heard that they ask more questions if you are on in-house project. Is that true?

3. Since you changed from H4 to H1, did you carry any documents to prove that you were always "in-status"? Did they ask any questions related to your H4?

Thanks again for your help.

-PM

Archived