Cap Gap after OPT

Sonu11

Hi Friends,

My OPT expiry date was in July and my employer applied for H1B petition which got approved in June and the official start date was from October as I had approved H1B petition I have worked through cap gap period from july till september.

so my question is what should I answer if asked that your OPT EAD ended in july and you were working in cap gap till september? please help....

Thanks,

Sonu.

Sonu,

No worries even VO is aware that you can work in your CAP GAP period. FYI there are many other OPT students still working in the cap gap period with no H1B status still pending. Due to high volume of H1B's being processed this year the complete process slowed down quite a bit than expected. Conclusion is "You are legal to work until you get the H1B approval" no matter when you get it

Hi Vamsi,

Thank you for the response.

I have one more question, as in my CAP GAP I20 it shows my previous employer in OPT as XYZ and my current employer is ABC.

ABC has applied for my H1B and not XYZ. As my University has updated my employer as XYZ (mistakenly)instead of ABC and all my info regarding the stamping is intact with ABC and my University cannot change my Employer info on I20 as it has been already completed.

So please suggest me how can I defend this during the interview as the Employer details differ because of University's mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Archived