H1B 221(g) administrative process hold- rejected

d!@#

Hello Team

I attended H1B stamping last month and was given an administartive process hold(221g) and later got to know that my H1 was rejected and sent back to USCIS can aanyone let me know at this point of time am I having any options or just wait till USCIS reach back to my employer(as I know its going to take lot time b/w which i will loose my client).Please suggest

Hi,

I'm sailing in the same boat as well. My visa interview went well but they still issued me a 221(g) blue. On the same day, I received an email requesting me to fill a questionnaire, provide my CV and invitation letter/employment letter.

I did all of that and turned it around in 2 days. After 5 business days, got an email and mail that my visa is refused and petition has been sent to USCIS. I was like what the $#!$?

So, I have been reading forums, spoke to my employer and his attorney and found that when USCIS receives this petition, they could either revoke or reaffirm it and this process could take 2-3 months (I really and sincerely hope it comes through sooner!!!).

I think other possible option could be get a new petitioner file an H1-B for you. My employer and client have allowed me to work from home until this whole situation is resolved.

My life was steady and smoothly sailing until this happened!! It's really frustrating to go through this...

If anyone has had a similar experience, please share!! It only helps knowing what to expect.

Archived