Tracking people with EB2 priority dates earlier than Jan 2005

gmk123

@shurap1-Yes but what is still stopping them from filing in EB2? They did not had enough experience when the case was initially filed in EB3 category. These cases are really from 2003/04/05 dates. People now have moved on with new jobs for better careers and now wish to get the GC filed under EB2 category. Again nothing wrong.

Yes it is unfair that these candidates are gaining an advantage over people who came as a student on F1 and had to go through the whole nine yards F1-OPT-H1-GC and hence could only apply after 4-5 years after coming to the US and who had never faked any experience and had to build their career from scratch.

These IT consultants have been earning money since the day they landed in US with their fake experience in their resume and they are getting an advantage over folks who took a risk (student loan etc) and went through all the trouble to get an MS degree and had to make another herculean effort to get a job and have to wait another 1-2 years for their GC process to start because most companies wait a couple of years before starting the process.

Hi,

In 100% agreement with Illinois Dude.

EB3 has now acquired 5 years of experience so they now want to upgrade to EB2. right ?

But because of such long wait times some EB2 has acquired 5 years of experience now. What about them ? And soon all EB2 will acquire 5-7 years of experience and still be waiting for GC because of EB3 upgrading to EB2.

If all EB3 upgrades to EB2 then whats the use of having different categories. Its defeating the purpose of EB2.

EB2 has toiled and spent way too much money/energy on F1. Add F1 time on EB2 and compare who is waiting more for GC - EB3 or EB2 ?

Is there a way to bring this fact to USCIS's attention ?

Anybody please let us know the way to bring this to USCIS's attention.

All EB2's pay attention - Wake Up !!

This is the most ignorant comment I have seen. I came to US in 1999 on F1. Completed in 2002 , chose to delay my graduation because of extremely bad market. Was on OPT from 2003 -2004. and from then on have been on H1. When I got the job, my employer could only file on EB3 categorization as that was what the job requirement was. Now after painstakingly waiting for 9 years, I am upgrading my 140 application to EB2 and am hoping to get it over with this year (fingers crossed).

EB2 or EB3 categorization has nothing to do with what your individual qualifications and educational credentials are and has to do with what the job requirement is.

Not all EB2 have an education in US. They just need masters degree, there are lot of people who claim MCA or MSc from India is a Master's degree and apply for EB2 and get lucky.

And Not all EB3 people are people without basic education.

It is not fair that people in either EB2 or EB3 categorization have to wait for 10s of years to be eligible for green card and at the same time, be the victim of the H1 policies. Like they cannot take a full time job elsewhere cause then their GC will be in jeopardy. Lot of jobs require the people to work on their W2 as opposed to working with third party contractors like my employer.

So, straight EB2 people,

stop feeling stupidly betrayed. To get GC thru employment , being from India is the worst scenario as we have the most backlog even compared to China.

Just feel happy that those poor people who have been waiting for years and years have finally a chance to be liberated.

-- just my 2 cents

Archived