H1B Stamping in Hyderabad @September 2012

AhmedFeroze

Nope, there is no update yet. Today when I tried to check the status, I am showed up as case number is invalid :(

No update from my side. When I called DOS they are saying its in Admin processing. When I emailed to Hyd consulate, I am getting automated email . Any update from you guys ?

<p> </p>

<div>I had my visa interview on November 14 for 8.30 AM slot. Biometrics was on November 9th at Hyderabad OFC.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Visa officer was an Indian in mid 30's.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Me: How are you doing today?</div>

<div>VO: Pretty good</div>

<div>VO: Please hand me over your passport </div>

<div>Me: Gave him my passport (passport was attached with I797 and appointment confirmation letter)</div>

<div>VO: Why are you going to US?</div>

<div>Me: I have a  job in US</div>

<div>VO: Which Company?</div>

<div>Me: xxxxxxx</div>

<div>VO: are you working on in the same field on which you have a degree?</div>

<div>Me: Yes</div>

<div>VO: Which school did you graduate?</div>

<div>Me: xxxxxx</div>

<div>Me: showed him my degree</div>

<div>VO: How much is your salary?</div>

<div>Me xxxxxxx</div>

<div>VO: Can I see you paystubs?</div>

<div>Me: Gave him my paystubs.</div>

<div>VO: Before I make a decision i need to do some administrative processing. He wrote a case number on a white 221g form and said to track status after 2-3 weeks.</div>

<div>Me: I have few additional documents to support my case</div>

<div>VO: I don't need any documents, except a questionaire which I will e-mail you.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>He kept my passport and I797 and handed over the white 221G form with a case number on it. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>Still no update on the case tracking website. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>Anyone else in similar situation, please keep posted. I will do the same.</div>

Yes, all the members in this discussion are in same situation and there is no update yet in any of our cases.

@All, if there is any update on anybodies status, keep us posted.

Thanks,

<p> </p>

<div>I had my visa interview on November 14 for 8.30 AM slot. Biometrics was on November 9th at Hyderabad OFC.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Visa officer was an Indian in mid 30's.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Me: How are you doing today?</div>

<div>VO: Pretty good</div>

<div>VO: Please hand me over your passport </div>

<div>Me: Gave him my passport (passport was attached with I797 and appointment confirmation letter)</div>

<div>VO: Why are you going to US?</div>

<div>Me: I have a job in US</div>

<div>VO: Which Company?</div>

<div>Me: xxxxxxx</div>

<div>VO: are you working on in the same field on which you have a degree?</div>

<div>Me: Yes</div>

<div>VO: Which school did you graduate?</div>

<div>Me: xxxxxx</div>

<div>Me: showed him my degree</div>

<div>VO: How much is your salary?</div>

<div>Me xxxxxxx</div>

<div>VO: Can I see you paystubs?</div>

<div>Me: Gave him my paystubs.</div>

<div>VO: Before I make a decision i need to do some administrative processing. He wrote a case number on a white 221g form and said to track status after 2-3 weeks.</div>

<div>Me: I have few additional documents to support my case</div>

<div>VO: I don't need any documents, except a questionaire which I will e-mail you.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>He kept my passport and I797 and handed over the white 221G form with a case number on it. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>Still no update on the case tracking website. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>Anyone else in similar situation, please keep posted. I will do the same.</div>

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

my interview date was- 7th Dec

First H1B stamping (H1b started on Oct 1, 2012).

Have been working at my company since 2 years (on CPT, then OPT and then now on H1b)

Masters in Bio related field. I work as a direct employee in a top Bio company but in the Marketing dept (not into research)

The VO basically just asked a few questions, the min he asked me about my Masters he issued me a 221g (I've got a 221g even when i applied for F1 because of the bio field) and said that he will email a questionnaire which after i fill and send back, he will start the processing.

The questionnaire was straightforward- name, masters, countries visited and research publications and interests (i said NA since im not into research at all!)

I'm very nervous as i have to get back to my job by dec end. Praying that this gets resolved soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Same situation. Went for H1-B extension stamping at Hyderabad on Nov 30th 2012. Visa Officer gave me a 221g white with administrative processing ticked. VO retained I-797,I-129,LCA and returned my passport. He gave me a case number to track. But, the case number status online has been showing "We were not able to identify Case #".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After 221g white slip issued, I was asked again to come for interview and again V.O asked to submit additional documents related to company and then after verification of them too, I received email on 2 April, 2013 to submit passport. After that passport was returned with visa stamped on 15 April, 2013.

Archived