Are Children (US citizens) allowed in the US consulate in Toronto

NGMG

As per the U.S. consulate's website, children are allowed with the parents. However, the appointment confirmation letter contradicts with the statement that is there on the website.

I will appreciate for any recent experiences. I have an appointment on Aug 8th.

Thanks

I asked the same question to Toronto consulate in an e-mail and here's the reply from them.

Our current practice is not to allow children who are not applying for visas into our waiting room because of limited office space. This may be changed shortly but please continue to review our website for latest policy changes.

Regards

Non Immigrant Visa Unit

American Consulate General, Toronto

Thanks Philip for sharing the reply from the US consulate in Toronto. Did you receive this reply very recently?

Sanjiv - I am wondering if you visited the consulate recently as the policies change with time. Regarding your comment on "change your thinking", please understand that the intention was to make it clear that the accompanying children does not need stamping of the US visa.

Originally posted by NGMG:

Thanks Philip for sharing the reply from the US consulate in Toronto. Did you receive this reply very recently?

Sanjiv - I am wondering if you visited the consulate recently as the policies change with time. Regarding your comment on "change your thinking", please understand that the intention was to make it clear that the accompanying children does not need stamping of the US visa.

Hi - As far as I know (I checked their website last week) they don't allow anyone (even minor children) in the Consulate if they don't need visa.

Archived