DS 160 forms - Please help

sree14

Hello All,

I have some questions regarding what to fill in the following sections of DS 160 forms.

1. Have you made specific travel plans? Should I answer yes or no?

a) If yes, should I enter the date that I last entered US as my date of arrival in US? (I am currently in US on F1 opt cap-gap)

b) What should I put in the departure date field as I am still here?

c). What to fill in the field "location planned to visit in US"?

d) Person/entity paying for your trip?

2. Previous US travel section: Since I am still in US, what should I put in the field "length of stay"?

3. Work and Education - Do we need to list any previous part time technical jobs held while on F1 at university?

Thank you in advance and any help is appreciated.

1. Have you made specific travel plans? Should I answer yes or no?

Yes.

a) If yes, should I enter the date that I last entered US as my date of arrival in US? (I am currently in US on F1 opt cap-gap)

Yes.

b) What should I put in the departure date field as I am still here?

Date when H1B petition ends

c). What to fill in the field "location planned to visit in US"?

Employer location

d) Person/entity paying for your trip?

If employer is paying for this visit, then "employer" else "self"

2. Previous US travel section: Since I am still in US, what should I put in the field "length of stay"?

duration of H1b petiion

3. Work and Education - Do we need to list any previous part time technical jobs held while on F1 at university?

employement for the last 5 yrs should suffice. That sais, there is no harm in including all details even those held during F1

Thank you in advance and any help is appreciated.

c). What to fill in the field "location planned to visit in US"? Employer location - I will be working at client location. So,do I need to put the location mentioned on LCA in this case?

I "think" it would be the client location but I am not sure. Please wait for others to respond.

Thanks mirage09. I verified with my employer and they told that client location needs to be mentioned in this case.

Archived