Frustrated with visa stamp delays in Ottawa

prashu225

For all the guys who have been or is or can be in this situation.

Hoping is all we can do, but for how long is my question.

There is no way to check the status nor the consulate doesn't have a concerned person who could give that info.

Are we dignified or cheap labor to be scrutinized this way?

Aren't we supposed to question anyone for any delay that is causing to put our jobs at stake?

Please suggest any way out of this situation.

For all the guys who have been or is or can be in this situation.

Hoping is all we can do, but for how long is my question.

There is no way to check the status nor the consulate doesn't have a concerned person who could give that info.

Are we dignified or cheap labor to be scrutinized this way?

Aren't we supposed to question anyone for any delay that is causing to put our jobs at stake?

Please suggest any way out of this situation.

I can understand your situation, but that's how consulates work. We can't do anything.

I got 221g white on 30th July. EC model and had all the genuine docs. Thought it would take atleast 2 business weeks to get resolved. What's concerning more is that there is no communication to anyone, employer/client or me. And there is no way to find out the status cos the CEAC website is down since past 2 weeks and i guess no one cares about it on their side.

Emailed consulate 3 times, no response. This was expected since the person at the consulate said so. He told us to email to ottawaf@state.gov, and also said that they will only look at the email in their inbox but do not reply to any of them. (i don't know what's that supposed to mean. Then why email in the first place?)

Thats how bad my situation is, closed up in a motel and working to save my in US.

Hey Prashu, I have scheduled an appointment at Ottawa for Aug 28th. Can you please suggest some area/hotel to stay till i get my visa stamped? I am planing to fly to Toronto and take a train to Ottawa. Based on whatever information i have gather, it looks like i may need to plan to stay minimum a week there. any help/suggestion on finding good and safe accommodation there?

I am waiting here in Toronto since past 105 days for this BS 221 g and no one responds either.

There was no reason to put my case under 221g. I directly work for my client, working in same field as studied. I was wondering if we can do something about this. Can any lawyer or or delegate help?

Hey KKR760, Where did you attend the interview? Ottawa or Toronto?

I dont know anything about contacting lawyer would help in these situations. Only if they reply as to what is needed from us or something like that...we can approach lawyer to proceed further...

Right now, just waiting patiently..

Archived