Successful stamping at Ottawa Aug 13th EVC

Aravind35

Hi Friends,

I have been following this forum for past 5 months. Now its my time to post my story.

I went to the office at 8 AM. Initially I went to counter 7 and gave them my client, employer letter and vendor letter. Then I was told to wait for my turn for finger prints. Then I got my finger prints. finally i got to the interviewing window around 10:30 AM.

Here are the questions

Me: good morning officer

Officer: good morning

Officer: how are you ?

Me: I am doing good thanks. How are you?

Officer : good

Officer:is this your second h1?

Me: This is my second h1 petition but my first h1 visa.

Officer:do your work for XYZ company?

Me: Yes

Officer:is ABC your end client?

Me: Yes

Officer:how long have you been working with XYZ?

Me: XX Months

Officer:how long have you been working with ABC?

Me: XX Months

Officer:what do you do at ABC?

Me: Told what is in client letter.

and when i told him what i do at ABC

Officer: which version of apache tomcat i use

Officer:He said the letters should be in bonded paper, signed and original copy. Go back and tell your managers and friends to come with bonded paper and original and not photocopies.

Me: I said Yes.

Officer: he said he is approving my visa and told me to collect the visa on Thursday.

Me: Thank You and have a nice day.

Officer: Thank You.

This is my story. Please share your stories when you get visa's. It boosts several people's confidence and also to be prepared well ahead of time.

My roomate also got his H1. He is also in EVC model. He does not have client letter but he got all the contracts signed from the client.

Hope this information helps somebody who does not have client letter.

Thanks,

Aravind

Hi Aravind, Congrats.

Which counter were you called at? Was the VO a Chinese guy or White?

If White, did you see if the chinese VO was present in 2nd counter? This may be a stupid qn, but its important for us who are stuck here on 221g :) Though we had all the docs, we were proved unlucky by that person. So just wanted to check if the concerned VO is working at the counter today.

Hi Aravind, Thank you very much for posting your experience.

I am also planning to CANADA for h1 stamping. can you plz tell me how did you paid your CANADA's visitor visa fee.

I am confuse that, how do we get $150 money order in CANADIAN dollar or we have to convert $150 CAD to US dollar and than get the money order.

Just take a Money Order at walmart for 150 US Dollar...to the order of Consulate General of Canada

Got my passport. I got the email yesterday saying that my passport is processed. Today I got an email from Loomis that it is ready for pickup. My roommates got their passport earlier than mine.

They got it next day. For me it took 3 business days even though we three were interviewed on same day within a gap of 2 hrs. Hope this information helps.

Archived