My interview exp 221g & Any Body to share room in Ottawa

Tampabay

Hi ,

I was issued 221g notice here in ottawa. Any body here to share room till i get response from embassy.

My interview questions

VO: so you work as programmer analyst ?

Me : Yes sir

VO: Tell Me what do you do as a programmer analyst

Me: said about role

Who is your end client?

I said my cleint name

how long you have been working with end client

10 months

Do you have any vendors?

Mine is Cognizant .

Do you have all letters from your employer, end client & vendor

I provided him

Whom do you report to?

My employer via phone calls

asked me LCA & I-129

why did you change your employer?

For a better oppurtunity

who was your previous employer

answered him

tell me about technology you work

answered his question

tell me more about your end client

answered his question

He looked at my previous visa which was F1 and striked it off saying I dont need it further any more

So you studied in ---- university?

yes sir

Have you ever been benched by your previous employer

No (I was on bench but it was on opt not on H1. I dont know if this one was the cause for 221g)

he said we need to further review your application. here is your passport since you would be staying here. we will send an email informing about further notifications

the person interviewed was a chinese origin. All the best for thos who are going for an appointment. There was other visa officer at window 1 who issued couple of visas ahead of me and window 2 officer had haded couple of 221g forms. its definitely not in your hands to select which VO you want to go to

the person interviewed was a chinese origin. All the best for thos who are going for an appointment. There was other visa officer at window 1 who issued couple of visas ahead of me and window 2 officer had haded couple of 221g forms. its definitely not in your hands to select which VO you want to go to

Probably, your old employer had some bad reputation I guess.

I think your client may get an email, so let them know about that.

I had my interview with the Chinese officer 1month ago and still waiting for a response, not sure when they would respond :(

1 month ago. dude where are you staying and how exactly are you surviving? did your client , employer or vendor get any emails regarding this. your reply important to me. help me to plan if that would be my case too. let me know which is cheapest motel close to stay . I need to share motel room with somebody. is anybody here to share room in ottawa please

Hi,

I got 221g white form at the same Window 2 today. The Officer at Window 1 issued Visa for an Indian girl a ahead of me. Same set of questions. Asked me for same documents. Stroke off my F1 saying I don't need it. Gave back my passport.

Lets hope for the best.

Hi SftWareEng,

Did you also change your employer previously?

Hi Visa_Sridharr94,

Yes I changed my employer, but I was on OPT then, this is my first time H1. Basically VO was not ready to listen to me. I would expect anyone to ask, what is your title or whom do you work for and do you have vendors. This guy, straight asked me are you a Program Analyst, I said No, then asked my responsibilities and interrupted me and said do you work for a client. I said, yes I work for a client. Then he says, give me your client letter and middle vendor letters. I thought, alright this guy is prepared and I knew I am getting 221g or whatever it was. May be its good in a way if they verify the applications thoroughly and clean up all the mess. But people like us who have been genuine and working for good companies and are in emergency to go to India are stuck.

I was not prepared for this. Staying here in unknown place for weeks is a pain. BE CONFIDENT WHOEVER IS GOING FOR A VISA INTERVIEW. Why should you worry if you have all paperwork correctly.

Anyways, good luck guys !!!

Hi Visa_Sridharr94,

Yes I changed my employer, but I was on OPT then, this is my first time H1. Basically VO was not ready to listen to me. I would expect anyone to ask, what is your title or whom do you work for and do you have vendors. This guy, straight asked me are you a Program Analyst, I said No, then asked my responsibilities and interrupted me and said do you work for a client. I said, yes I work for a client. Then he says, give me your client letter and middle vendor letters. I thought, alright this guy is prepared and I knew I am getting 221g or whatever it was. May be its good in a way if they verify the applications thoroughly and clean up all the mess. But people like us who have been genuine and working for good companies and are in emergency to go to India are stuck.

I was not prepared for this. Staying here in unknown place for weeks is a pain. BE CONFIDENT WHOEVER IS GOING FOR A VISA INTERVIEW. Why should you worry if you have all paperwork correctly.

Anyways, good luck guys !!!

Hi SftWareEng,

Thx for your response. Looks like Ottawa is giving more 221(g)'s now.

I hope that you get your Visa ASAP

Hi Tampabay,

Did you receive any email from embassy. Did your client receive any email or call?

My client did not receive any call yet and there is no email on my letter though.

No My client did not get any email as of now.I provided email pho no and other details to reach them. I am wondering if the processing is taking more time here than other places or if we just have to wait for couple more days to figure out if they are checking for anything else

for all who replied for sharing accomodation thanks & Sorry guys I got a temp accomodation till this monday. If still I dont get a status information then I would have to share accomodation with some one

Could you please share what are th Qn's asked to your client by consulate? Those will be helpful to understand.

I Exactly dont know the questions but I am guessing mostly it would be about employee employer relationship. I heard my client manager received an email from embassy. Waiting him to reply back.

HI TampaBay, below is my experience almost similar to yours.

I had interview at 8 AM, was called in by the Chinese VO at counter 2.

My Case: F1 - h1,

working since 2009 for same client

was EVC until i was on OPT,

and EC since H1b.

Questions asked:

1. Who do you work for?

A. employer name

2. Provide your I-129/LCA and recent paystubs.

3. Whos your client?

Client name

4. What is your role?

Told the role which was on the client letter, a bit different from that of I-129. (VO might have confused with this and asked why were both different. I explained that my designation for the current project is provided on the client letter. but my actual role is what is given on I-129).

5). How long have you been working for this company (employer)?

so and so.

6). Who was your previous employer? Was it with the same client? Why did you switch the employers?

uI said i had many benefits with current employer like big clients and health benefits.

VO stressed on this question by asking about previous employer and meanwhile was trying to fetch out 221g form from rack beside.

Scratched off the F1 Student visa on passport and removed i-94. Handed back the passport along with the 221g form and told they need to further review the application.

I heard similar stories from many of you guys and so for now just waiting on response from consulate.

Is there an average time limit for processing of 221g white forms? Is this anything around 2 weeks or even less?

Archived