I485 Interview - NBC

srini243

Hi,

I just got this notice

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On July 18, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for August 20, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

My details (me and my wife)

My pd - Mar 8 2008

FP done - feb 22nd 2012

I485 applied - jan 6 2012

EAD+AP received - Mar 1 week, 2012.

RFE RECD - May 2012

RFE responded - june 4 2012

Case transefered to NBC - July 4 2012.

RFE was for Birth certificates and I-94 status. Responded with my lawyer.

Questions

1. what to expect at the interview?

2. Do We have to go to NBC or will it be a local office.

3. what happens after the interview., we are not current as of now., so does it proceed to get pre-adjudicated?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Srini

1. Yo will be asked to go to the local USCIS office.

2. They will ask basic questions like yourdob , so make sure you take your passport, birth of certificate, ead, i-94's. Also advisable to take a copy of documents you used to apply and any documents asked in your appointment letter.

3. They cant give you the green card till your priority date becomes current. USCIS officer will pretty much say at the end, we will contact you if we need additional information.

4. The interview is a breeze, so dont stress too much about it.

Archived