Visa stamping in Vancouver,Canada

jyothi81

Hi all,

I have few questions regarding stamping in Canada.

My husbend is on H1,I am on H4.

1. which forms I need to apply if we are going with family?

2. I am also need to fill IMM 5257 form. Is it correct?

3. My son is US citizen. Is he need visa stamping like me?

4. In my place there is no In-person applications. we must submit through mail.

As per my knowledge I filled these forms.

IMM 5257 for my husbend

Family Information

Thank you.

I do not think it will take 2-3months for TRV visa by mail, The maximum it wouldtake is 45days as per information from people who applied for it recently. You can send docs by mail to LA Canada embassy if you reside in west US or NY embassy if you reside in east US. Make sure you send all the required docs including return pickup and ship in order to overcome delays.

@SAXENA368: I know you applied for visa approx. 45 days back. I also applied TRV 45 days back but have not heard back from them. You just said that it takes 2-3 months for TRV processing. Where did you get this number from? Is that the time people are actually taking for TRV?

I think in-person is available only in Los Angeles and New York now.

New York.

Apply In Person

Temporary Resident Visa (Visitors)/Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad/Work Permit/Study Permit/Verification of Entry:

Application Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 10:30am

Passport Pick-up Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM

(closed on Wednesday afternoon)

Apply by mail

1)The Visa Section accepts applications by mail. Applicants who wish to mail their application are advised to review the below mailing instructions.

New York Canada Consulate- Mail the visa office using the United States Postal Service (for persons residing in the USA)

-If you are sending us documents and after the application process is completed, we will mail them back to you, please purchase two prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.

-Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.

-Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in New York in the “Return Address” field (see address below).

-Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.

-Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.

-USPS has recently changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City.

-If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

-If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send mail to:

Canadian Consulate General

Immigration Section

1251 Avenue of the Americas,

New York, NY 10020

2)Please be aware that applications submitted in person must be picked up in person and will not be mailed to applicants. Additionally, applications mailed to the Consulate will only be returned by mail. Passports will not be returned until processing is completed.

3)Cannot speed up your application. If your application is urgent, consider applying in person.

Urgent processing requests

If you believe that we should process your application faster than the normal processing time listed (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=dAny), you must complete an 'Urgent Processing Request Form' and submit it along with your complete application and processing fees. An officer will review your request and determine if your application warrants urgent processing. If your application meets our criteria for urgent processing, we will inform you of the next steps. If an officer determines that your application does not warrant urgent processing, your application will be processed within the normal processing time. This form is for use with applications for Temporary Residence only.

Urgent processing is granted rarely and for compelling reasons only (e.g. death in the immediate family). The form for urgent processing is not available online. Requests such as this must be made in person at the time the application is made. The form is available at the office only. You must also submit any documentation available as evidence of the situation requiring your urgent presence in Canada.

Los Angeles

Apply In Person

1)Temporary Resident Visa (Visitors)/Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad/Work Permit/Study Permit/Verification of Entry:

Application Hours:

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 11:00am

Passport Pick-up Hours:

Monday – Thursday 2:30pm – 3:00pm

(closed Friday afternoon)

Apply by Mail

1)The visa office accepts applications by mail delivered to the address listed.

Consulate General of Canada

Immigration Section

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor

Los Angeles, California 90071, USA

2)Processing Times are listed for TRV, SP, WP and PRTD applications submitted by mail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

3)The visa office cannot speed up your application.

(If your application for TRV or PRTD is urgent, consider applying in person.)

4)Provide an acceptable return mail envelope for return of your passports and original documents- see the detailed Mailing Instructions below.

5)Passports submitted with applications by mail cannot be picked up in person.

For your US citizen kids- It depends upon how long they're planning on staying in Canada. visits of six months or less do not require a Canada VISA.Your need to have your kids birth certificate, government issued photo ID ,a valid US passport and other valid travel documents.

Yes whoever applies for VISA, need to fill all the forms.

Document Checklist [iMM 5484]

Application for Temporary Resident Visa [iMM 5257]

Family Information [iMM 5645]

-S

Lost of changes in the recent days... visit the canada consulate sites in Us.... No Canada visa consulate is accepting in-person petitions....all must be submitted by mail... Not sure with the Los angeles consulate.... There is even a shocking update in the sites....

"As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in Detroit will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in Detroit will be returned to the applicant. " - Copied form site....

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Not sure what they mean... they not accepting the petitions at all submitted after june 18th???

Please clarify me...

I do not think it will take 2-3months for TRV visa by mail, The maximum it wouldtake is 45days as per information from people who applied for it recently. You can send docs by mail to LA Canada embassy if you reside in west US or NY embassy if you reside in east US. Make sure you send all the required docs including return pickup and ship in order to overcome delays.

Sunnyaskin:

It won't take 2-3 months. I got a reply in 43 days. I was just trying to make a point that it will take a long time by mail.

@SAXENA368: I know you applied for visa approx. 45 days back. I also applied TRV 45 days back but have not heard back from them. You just said that it takes 2-3 months for TRV processing. Where did you get this number from? Is that the time people are actually taking for TRV?

It won't take 2-3 months. I got a reply in 43 days. I was just trying to make a point that it will take a long time by mail. A couple of other guys in this forum got it in 38-40 days.

Archived