Reaffirmed: Should I wait or book another interview?

sg1010

Hello everyone,

I work in an EC model. I gave my interview in Sept 2011 at Hyderabad consulate and my case got sent back to USCIS and the whole nine yards.

My petition got reaffirmed on June 13, 2012 and my employer received the I797C notice 3-4 days later. I emailed the Hyderabad consulate asking for next steps along with a scanned copy of my re-affirmed notice. So far, I have just received standard responses from VFS over phone and email that they are waiting for the consulate to respond to my email.

Question is - Should I wait till I hear back from them or just go ahead and book another interview with a new HDFC receipt?

I have seen that people do get called for re-interviews but it takes time depending on PIMS status and the consulate's "unknown" processing time.

Has anyone been or know someone who's been in such a situation? Appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...

My petition got reaffirmed in march'12.I used to all DOS everyday there onwards. a month later, DOS said that consulate database has been updated with my reaffirmed petition. some 2.5 months later consulate emailed me asking me to come for re-inetrview

My petition got reaffirmed in march'12.I used to all DOS everyday there onwards. a month later, DOS said that consulate database has been updated with my reaffirmed petition. some 2.5 months later consulate emailed me asking me to come for re-inetrview

Hey Rick you are half way there. Consulate asked me to come for reinterview too . After 20 days from the date of reinterview i got the visa stamped. so All the best

Hey Rick you are half way there. Consulate asked me to come for reinterview too . After 20 days from the date of reinterview i got the visa stamped. so All the best

Hi Adil,

WHat questions did they ask you during the re-interview? I have been called for reinterview at mumbai consulate. Why it took 20 days for Hyd consulate to issue you the stamp? Did they give 221(g) during the re-interview. Please answer to this thread asap. It will be lot helpful to me.

Hi Adil,

WHat questions did they ask you during the re-interview? I have been called for reinterview at mumbai consulate. Why it took 20 days for Hyd consulate to issue you the stamp? Did they give 221(g) during the re-interview. Please answer to this thread asap. It will be lot helpful to me.

Hi Rick . When i went for reinterview , the VO confirmed me the email address and said i would receive a questionnaire which i need to answer and gave me white 221 g with "check for email from consulate" ticked. I answered the questionnaire same day.

The questionnaire was pretty basic which asked for my name, address, petitioner name, what countries travelled, when u like to travel and so on. I submitted the questionnaire on 15th june and I got my visa by 29th.

Thanks

Archived