221g white form-respond to questionnaire-2 months waiting

sambritish

Guys,

I appeared for my visa interview for H1B visa on April 16th. I was issued a white form with respond to questionnaire. My ppt has been retained by VO. Its been 2 months now,. Usually Iv eseen these cases got resolved within 2 months time. Any body in the same boat ? waiting for more than 2 months for respond to questionnaire cases? Please coordinate. Thanks.

@sruthi/osman - Did both of you get the white form and were asked to respond to questionnaire? What documents did you send along with the questionnaire? I just submitted my resume in .txt format along withy responses to questionnaire. I was under assumption that it usually takes 2 months in these kind of cases, but I guess, I was wrong.

After 4 months I am in a position where I can say, every one who receives a white form is requested to send same documents - Resume, itenary , research papers (if any) etc. That said, no one can ever expect how long this goes, I know a friend of mine who got visa in 3 weeks, and other guy got it in 10 months. Yes, we are in a black box and we cannot do any thing at all beside pray and hope this thing get over soon. I will keep you guyz posted about my case.

Hi All,

I was given white 221g form with no documents asked and administrative processing checked. But during the interview itself, he took all my documents related to petition and my passport too. I attended on march 30th and still pending.

I contacted VFS as well as DOS and got same reply i.e., "still under processing".

- sruthiwsk

No updates. Btw, Is this period counted in our H1B (6 years span)? I mean is this period, that we are waiting for our visas to be procesed, is this counted under H1B time period. Are we losing our days on H1B visa ? coz total we have 6 years of H1B and now with this kind of a wait for months, Im wondering if we losing our days on H1B?

Thats a good question, To the best of my knowledge you will be given extra grace time for the time you spent in India. Assume your H1 expires in Dec, you will be allowed to work for the time span you spent in India (under the banner of vacation) by law. Similar was the question I asked my attorny, where she replied you will be given the extra time that you spent as Vacation back home. Well I dont know if the circumstances change if you work from home or I should say back home :).

@SamBritish did you not file your Green Card yet? that protects you when you drain your 6 years period.

I checked this with a visa officer at DoS. She mentioned that this time of visa processing will not be counted and will not be cut from our 6 years span of H1B.

@osman - My 6 years end in Oct 2014, but my current petition approval is until Jan 2014. Im waiting to go back (provided my visa gets approved soon) an d start the GC processing.

Inshallah all will be fine.

DoS # (202) 663-1225. You can also google 'Department of state contact number'

Also, its a good idea to track your passport on VFS website coz mostly the status is not updated on consulate website but visa is issued and passports dispatched. So you have 3 sources to check your visa status (DoS, Consulate website, VFS passport tracking)

Good Luck.

Hi All,

I got my passport back today with no stamp in it. They included a 221(g) form with it and it says still need additional administrative processing.

I don't know how much time they will take to come to a decision. They kept my passport for 3 months 18 days and did this.

Regards,

Sruthiwsk.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

I am in the same boat.

Interview date : Aug 24th 2012

Info requested/submitted (previous travel dates to US etc) : Aug 24th 2012

4months still waiting.

Full time employee, no issues with previous H1 stampings.

How were some of you able to speak with someone at the DOS. I press 1 for visa's and 3 for Admin processing. Just automated message....no options to speak with someone.

Hang in there folks...

Hi Folks,

I found a different link to check the status of my case at the US site.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

FYI append zeroes before the last digit e.g. 2102xxx xxx 0001

My question is :

I see that my "Case Creation Date" is accurate (aug 24th 2012) and I see also an "Status Updated Date" which shows Nov 5th 2012.

Does anyone know what the Status Updated Date means???

• 1 month later...

Archived