h1b petition before graduation

santoshchem51

Hi,

I have a bachelor and master's degree in chemical engineering, i have used all my opt period(27 months) and currently doing my second masters in computer science engineering.

I will be graduating with masters degree in computer science in the end of september( i am left with final project). But i cannot have opt because i have used already used my opt earlier.

Now i have a job and i have to negotiate with my employer to apply for h1b. So my question would be

Can i apply for h1b before graduation, and request a start date on october 1st. ? If yes, what is the process for it. if no what are my options.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I have been working with this firm ( not consultancy, an american software company) since last year augest 2011. i have worked in software industry for nearly 2 years ( in my previous 27 months opt) and i am about to complete my master degree in Computer science.

In similar cases, people suggesting that,i can apply for H1B, if you have a letter from your university saying that i have met/ or going to meet all requirements for graduation before october 1.

i am confused!!!.. can any one help Plz...

Thank you for your reply.

I have been working with this firm ( not consultancy, an american software company) since last year augest 2011. i have worked in software industry for nearly 2 years ( in my previous 27 months opt) and i am about to complete my master degree in Computer science.

In similar cases, people suggesting that,i can apply for H1B, if you have a letter from your university saying that i have met/ or going to meet all requirements for graduation before october 1.

The requirements have to be fulfilled at the time of applying for the H1.

Archived