Case sent to USCIS for review......still waiting :(

h1stuck

Hi,

I had my H1 B stamping ( fresh H1B and EVC model ) interview on January 12th, 2012 at Mumbai consulate. I was given 221(g) white slip in which I was asked to submit all contracts and documents submitted for H1 B petition. I submitted all the required documents in a week.

In the first week of February, i received a letter from consulate saying "petition has been returned to USCIS for reviw and possible revocation on 2nd February"

USCIS received my documents on 25th February. in the second week of March, my employer received an RFE. My employer submitted RFE response in the beginning of the second week of April. USCIS received the RFE response on 9th April.

When I check the status online, it says " RFE Response Review" and they will give the decision within 60 days. It has already been more than 40 days.

I need some help here to if someone would answer my following questions.

1. Does USCIS really give the decision within 60 days after receiving RFE response ? Or it can take longer?
  2. If reaffirmed, how long does it take to update in PIMS databse?
  3. I had an RFE when my employer applied for my H1 for the first time in last April. Would it matter? I have been with the same client since beginning (more than 15 months).
  4. Is there any way to expedite the current situation?

I appreciate any help here.

Thanks.

Looks like we both are in the same case.....

Here are my possible answers...

1. Does USCIS really give the decision within 60 days after receiving RFE response ? Or it can take longer? - Yes, they will give time from date they sent RFE to your employer.If your employer doent respond with in 60 days they will revoke your petition.
  2. If reaffirmed, how long does it take to update in PIMS databse? - Never know, there is no time frame. One of my firent whose petition was reaffirmed in Jan and still waiting for PIMS update.
  3. I had an RFE when my employer applied for my H1 for the first time in last April. Would it matter? I have been with the same client since beginning (more than 15 months). - I had the same situation. I checked with my employer but he is also not sure. so we r not sure how it works..
  4. Is there any way to expedite the current situation? - You can file a new petition with new employer.

Update your e-mail address. I will touch base w/ you..

Hi CodeVISA,

Please find my concerns below.

• Does USCIS really give the decision within 60 days after receiving RFE response ? Or it can take longer? - Yes, they will give time from date they sent RFE to your employer.If your employer doent respond with in 60 days they will revoke your petition. My employer has responded for that RFE and USCIS received that response on 9th April. It is already been more than 40 days now.
  • If reaffirmed, how long does it take to update in PIMS databse? - Never know, there is no time frame. One of my firent whose petition was reaffirmed in Jan and still waiting for PIMS update. Is there any way to initiate the PIMS update?
  • I had an RFE when my employer applied for my H1 for the first time in last April. Would it matter? I have been with the same client since beginning (more than 15 months). - I had the same situation. I checked with my employer but he is also not sure. so we r not sure how it works..
  • Is there any way to expedite the current situation? - You can file a new petition with new employer. Would USCIS raise a query on a new petition saying that old petition is already in process?

Please reach out to me at h1bstuck@gmail.com.

Hi All,

I received a notification today from USCIS about reaffirming the approval of my case. They says that i need to follow up directly with the Department of State for visa processing.

Does anyone have contact information for that? any phone number or e-mail ID?

What are next steps?

Do the send new I797 to my employer?

How can i follow up to check if the updated PIMS has the information about the reaffirmation of my case?

Archived