PIMS update time for Reaffirmed Petitions?

DontWorryBeHappy

All,

Here are my case details

H1-B; Hyderabad Consulate; EVC model; Had Client & Vendor letters

Visa Interview: 31-Oct-2011 - 221(g) white given, no docs asked, gave passport back

221(g) Refusal: 03-Nov-2011

USCIS received: 27-Dec-2011

USCIS reaffirmed: 31-Jan-2012 - No NOIR, No RFE, straight forward reaffirmation

It's been 3.5 months since USCIS reaffirmed my petition. Whenever I contacted consulate for for further action(around 10 times) they are saying reaffirmation status needs to be updated in the PIMS database.

My attorney is saying he is helpless in speeding up the PIMS update process as Consulates only have authority to send a request to KCC to update.

Can anybody has gone through this? If so, how long it took for them for PIMS update?

Experts, throw some light please??

Do you think I have any chances of getting through the interview this time?

Hi...

Even I am on the same boat. Here's my case.

I appeared for first Visa interview in Oct 2011 in Mexico and got my visa rejected after 8 days of 221g wait with petition sent back.

As per my Employer's advice I reappeared for interview in Nov 2011 in Chennai consulate.

The VO said my petition is sent back to USCIS and he cannot do anything on this unless USCIS responds back on my case and he handed over green slip to submit re-affirmed or new petition from USCIS.

In March 2012 my petition got reaffirmed straight away without any queries.

So I have submitted reaffirmed petition along with my Passport to Chennai consulate.

I haven't heard back anything and this PIMS thing is bothering me now.

I heard there are some helpline numbers and email like PIMS@STATE.GOV where we can send a request.

But I am not sure if we are authorized to send requests.

Unbelievable news.... I received my Passport today with Visa stamped..... I am so excited and truly happy after all that I went through.... the 221g torture at Mexico and USCIS panicky review wait.... I am so delighted now... wish you luck... reaffirmed petitions have a fairer chance I believe... don lose your hope keep contacting VFS and US Embassy....

Congratulations appfizz, I think with out second interview you got your visa stamped. You are lucky. There are some people who got 221(g) again after appearing for interview with reaffirmed petition.

I am not sure what to do now, it's been close to 4 months my petition is reaffirmed and still Hyd consulate is calling for interview or calling for submitting Passport. These days they stopped responding to my queries as well. It's testing my patience like anything. I think if there is a possibility I should give it a try in Chennai consulate.

Could you please mail your contact # to abczyx000@gmail.com?. I would like to talk to you in detail.

@DontWorryBeHappy,

Your true, vfs is not even responding to our emails. For my last 2 emails, vfs has just replied their standard message without even contacting consulate. Thats so sad.

I have submitted my passport on may 1st. its been 26 days. no news from consulate.

Getting paniced again. Will this be another loop. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived