H1-B Stamping Hyderabad Consulate- Got White 221(g), May 14,2012

vbolla

Thanks a lot for the detailed information, It really helps. I have one more question, I am planning to apply for New H1 If I dont hear anything till 8 weeks through same employer and client and then go to Chennai Consulate. What do you think my chances would be then ?

Guys-

Can you please share your advises on the above question of my New H1 through same employer and going to Chennai ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys-

Can you please share your advises on the above question of my New H1 through same employer and going to Chennai ?

@Vbolla: This is what I'm doing. Apply new H1 with new client and same employer and go to Chennai consulate for interview. It was not an easy decision to make. But friends and ppl at murthy.com has suggested me to go for chennai as our case will be in their db where ever you go. Hope this helps.

@vbolla - I'd rather waiting than risking things further. No matter where you go, your info will be in their db and they can track all your petitions/under process. What if this affect your current processing?

Well, with this kind of uncertainty in processing time for Visa these guys are taking I am kinda tensed, There's risk either ways but there are some people in this forum who got lucky second time around. I am not sure how the first query might effect me for my second interview if I happen to go that way. They dint ask me to submit any further documents since I had everything they could have asked for ? Its just that mine was EVC model and lot of questions were asked to check who was controlling my work on day to day basis ?

What do you guys think about this one ? tough question but still want to take everyone's input here.

Well, with this kind of uncertainty in processing time for Visa these guys are taking I am kinda tensed, There's risk either ways but there are some people in this forum who got lucky second time around. I am not sure how the first query might effect me for my second interview if I happen to go that way. They dint ask me to submit any further documents since I had everything they could have asked for ? Its just that mine was EVC model and lot of questions were asked to check who was controlling my work on day to day basis ?

What do you guys think about this one ? tough question but still want to take everyone's input here.

Unless there is some significant difference in the information between your pending case and new case... you are bound to hit the same road block + there are chances that you might be questioned on your pending case too.... May be Joef or Belle can better reply to you in this scenario... they have lot of experience in this kind of matters.

Unless there is some significant difference in the information between your pending case and new case... you are bound to hit the same road block + there are chances that you might be questioned on your pending case too.... May be Joef or Belle can better reply to you in this scenario... they have lot of experience in this kind of matters.

Can I get Joef or Belle's email address please ? Also signicficant difference in information, in what context do you mean this ? Can you please tell me

Thanks all for sharing your experiences.

I'm here with to share mine. I had a stay of 7+ yrs in US with differnt L1, L2 and H1 visa's. Now I came to india for my brother's wedding and attended for H1b stamping in HYD consulate on April 5th and was issued with 221g white with case number on it.

VO office took all my documents which i had at the time of interview... i mean all my originals.. like marksheets, exp letters, I-797, ..etc. Vo returned my Passport and asked to wait for an update from them. Mine is EVC model and got asked with the same questions.. E -To - E relatoin question by the VO and he made me to sign on the paper he printed after my answers.

After two weeks my case is updated in online as "under processing" until that it use to say as invalid case number. After a month of an interview, i got an email asking to submit client letter and vendor contract which i have submitted before at the interview. I had a copies of these.. and submitted them again.. as there was no response for the email which i sent to them stating i alreay submitted them before and too they were originals.

And also every week i'm sending emails to the consulate to expedite my case... giving a reason that "im struck here with too kids and my husband is there in US for his job duties and desperately wanted to rejoin my family". But all the time i'm getting the generic email as auto replies.. "to wait with no timeline on it. and there is no way to expedite the case".

Almost two months is getting over with no proper update. Planning to wait till June 15th ... and will attend H4.

And one good think is my client allowed me to work remotely from india... and my project is going to end by June 15th as I completed 18 months with them and not supposed to get extened on top of it.

This is really frustating...

Thanks all for sharing your experiences.

I'm here with to share mine. I had a stay of 7+ yrs in US with differnt L1, L2 and H1 visa's. Now I came to india for my brother's wedding and attended for H1b stamping in HYD consulate on April 5th and was issued with 221g white with case number on it.

VO office took all my documents which i had at the time of interview... i mean all my originals.. like marksheets, exp letters, I-797, ..etc. Vo returned my Passport and asked to wait for an update from them. Mine is EVC model and got asked with the same questions.. E -To - E relatoin question by the VO and he made me to sign on the paper he printed after my answers.

After two weeks my case is updated in online as "under processing" until that it use to say as invalid case number. After a month of an interview, i got an email asking to submit client letter and vendor contract which i have submitted before at the interview. I had a copies of these.. and submitted them again.. as there was no response for the email which i sent to them stating i alreay submitted them before and too they were originals.

And also every week i'm sending emails to the consulate to expedite my case... giving a reason that "im struck here with too kids and my husband is there in US for his job duties and desperately wanted to rejoin my family". But all the time i'm getting the generic email as auto replies.. "to wait with no timeline on it. and there is no way to expedite the case".

Almost two months is getting over with no proper update. Planning to wait till June 15th ... and will attend H4.

And one good think is my client allowed me to work remotely from india... and my project is going to end by June 15th as I completed 18 months with them and not supposed to get extened on top of it.

This is really frustating...

My case is similar to yours , its been 3 full weeks and yet my case no says not identified when I track it online...VO just took call H1 docs and gave back my passport, took my signature for all answers i gave on printed out paper As of now my client allowed to to work remotely . My employer is gonna contact local senator next week to see if we can expedite the process, not sure if that would help. I am planning to wait till 3 rd week of June and apply for New H1 and go to Chennai.

You should have never given your originals to the VO, I dont think they are suppose to keep the originals. You could have asked them if copies would be fine. Anyways, I know we got to giv what they ask for. but wonder what condition your all originals would be in. I appeared for interview on Apr 16th , VO just took copy of I797, visa interview confirmation and also retained my and my wife's passport and asked me to respond to a questionnaire thruogh email. By the time I reached home the email was there and responded back same evening and also got an acknoledgment. But since my case states its under processing. Im hoping atleast within 2 months I get our visas processed. Its been 45+ days now. Be optimistic.

Hi all,

My case is the same as "sambritish".....I appeared for my & my wives H1B & H4 visa renewals respectively to hyderabad consulate on the 27th of April 2012, and was given the same white color 221(g) form, my wives passport & all other doc's were retained by the VO....[my passport was returned, because it was considered damaged by the VO...a new/fresh PPT was requested to be submitted...which I did on May 14th 2012].....and was also told to reply to a questionnaire (which were basically general questions, same as in DS-160)....the VO told me that the questionnaire had been sent to my primary email address, but when I came home, I didn't find the email....and after emailing back to the consulate, after a week, I got the email with all the questions...and in addition, i was also told to submit a .txt word file of my CV & other related documents in .pdf format....(not sure if the same was asked to sambritish)....so this is the 6th week running....and I'm still hoping for the best....Insha Allah.....

@vbolla - Any update buddy on your visa?

No Buddy, Did you hear anything on your side ? Also I am still not able to track my case status online, It still says case number not identified ? Keeping Fingers Crossed and hoping for the best buddy !

@MohdJD-Thats cool news man. Good luck. Hopefully we all get our visas processed.

@vbolla - No update buddy. I can see my case status, but it says the same always - "currently undergoing processing"

@mdmujeeb - Hopefully yours visa also get processed soon. I know its pain to wait. Even I was asked to submit my Cv and other docs in .txt and .pdf format. I just submitted my c.v. in txt format and responded to questionnaire same day of interview (Apr 16th). In high hopes this week.

Hi,

This is really confusing.Till 8th June my 221g status was "case processed" and today it again changed to "under processing".

I am not sure what exactly is going on but as per the status of passport in VFS web site it says to collect the passport between 3-4 PM.

when I called VFS they said my passport has already been couriered to my office.on calling DOS they said my visa has been already issued on june 8th.I am wondering if my visas is already issued then why the 221g status is still "under processing".

Hi,

This is really confusing.Till 8th June my 221g status was "case processed" and today it again changed to "under processing".

I am not sure what exactly is going on but as per the status of passport in VFS web site it says to collect the passport between 3-4 PM.

when I called VFS they said my passport has already been couriered to my office.on calling DOS they said my visa has been already issued on june 8th.I am wondering if my visas is already issued then why the 221g status is still "under processing".

Did you send your transcripts along with teh questionaire..? Do You have an MS from a US University..? Just wondering coz I got a 221G on 24h May in Hyderabad and I dint send my transcripts since I though it was irrelavent.

Also, my case shows up as processing from 21 May even though I had my interview on the 24th , did this happen to everyone else here..? 21st May was when my documents were dropped in VFS.

@inbox55 - same thing buddy. That is the date VFS received your docs. Even mine is 4 days prior to the interview date. Also, I too just submitted my c.v. in .txt format. No other docs. Even I thought thats irrelevant.

Just wondering if you have an MS, if yes whats your major and if you have a common muslim name..?

Did you get 221G before..?

@inbox 55 - I did my MBA in U.S., in 2007. Yes I got 221g (pink slip -admin processing) for my first H1, and I waited 11 months to get my visa processed. Common muslim name - khan. This was my H1 extension./transfer and this time respond to questionnaire.

One thin I do not get is, on the white form there is administrative processing in the last. That was not checked out in my case. VO checcked respond to email (the first one) on the form. Wonder, if this is different from admin processing. But when I call DoS, they refer as admin processing pending.

Hi guys,

I've been away from this forum for a while...I've got news that will boost up all your hopes (especially sambritish)....I've got my visa approved and PPT arrived yesterday with my visa stamped...Alhumdulillah....but one issue with my case is that my wife's PPT is still with the US Embassy....& as I explained earlier, the VO kept my wife's PPT @ the time of the interview but returned mine requesting to submit a fresh one, coz mine was considered as damaged....I'm hoping that they would send her PPT by the end of this week or hopefully early next week.....

I really appreciate everyone sharing their VI experience with all, and I hope everyone gets their visa processed very soon.....Insha Allah

There are many cases where the case status shows as pending but applicants have received their ppts with visa stamped. Don't worry about it. You are clear. Your case got processed within a month's time. Thats is so cool.

I'm one of those cases....where my case status still shows under processing, but I've already received my PPT with visa stamped....

Guys,

I just noticed in my email today, my wife's visa has also been approved....VFS sent me an email to come & collect the PPT, if not, their courier it to my address.....

Again guys, I really appreciate everybody's help & experiences to keep our hopes alive.....& hope everyone all the best....and never lose hope....just keep praying......

@inbox 55 - I did my MBA in U.S., in 2007. Yes I got 221g (pink slip -admin processing) for my first H1, and I waited 11 months to get my visa processed. Common muslim name - khan. This was my H1 extension./transfer and this time respond to questionnaire.

One thin I do not get is, on the white form there is administrative processing in the last. That was not checked out in my case. VO checcked respond to email (the first one) on the form. Wonder, if this is different from admin processing. But when I call DoS, they refer as admin processing pending.

I think questionnaire is for Name/TAL check.

Also, I cant imagine how you felt while waiting for 11months.. Was that a name check too or were you asked to submit any documents..?

Congratulations MdMujeeb

Archived