h1b stamping in Vancouver Canada Questions

VanMay232012

Hi ,

I am going to Vancouver for H1B Stamping I have few questions.

Really appreciate if anyone can answer

Q1.My client gave me a client letter without any letter head,

but he gave me client letter with geniuely signed by him, Is that Sufficient Enough ? or Do i have to have offical Client logo on Client letter too ?

Q2. I just heard/read somewhere that when you goto H1b Visa Stamping(Not canada Though) that you have to goto consulate one day earlier to give finger prints, How does Finger prints work at Vancouver consulate in Canada ?

Q3.I am just planning to book my ticket as i have interview date on May 23, How many days earlier to Visa date is the safest to be arriving in Canada ? I am also planning to book return ticket on May 25, as I am thinking it may take Average of 2 days to get Passport in Hand.. Please Advise

Thanks

Q1.My client gave me a client letter without any letter head,

but he gave me client letter with geniuely signed by him, Is that Sufficient Enough ? or Do i have to have offical Client logo on Client letter too ?

>> Insufficient, you need the official client letter on company letterhead. You are inviting 221g trouble. Either get client letter or avoid stamping altogether.

Q2. I just heard/read somewhere that when you goto H1b Visa Stamping(Not canada Though) that you have to goto consulate one day earlier to give finger prints, How does Finger prints work at Vancouver consulate in Canada ?

>> You may have heard incorrectly. Fingerprinting is done just before each interview.

Q3.I am just planning to book my ticket as i have interview date on May 23, How many days earlier to Visa date is the safest to be arriving in Canada ? I am also planning to book return ticket on May 25, as I am thinking it may take Average of 2 days to get Passport in Hand.. Please Advise

>> To be safe book return ticket only after you get the visa. You can always carry a printout of online itinerary for POE purposes. So lets say your interview is on the 3rd - to be safe you should plan to reach there on the 1st so that way you have the next day to checkout your surroundings and prepare before your interview.

Hi,

I just had my stamping in Vancouver on May 2nd and I am back in US. I cannot answer your 1st question as I am a full time employee and not sure how it works if you are in EVC model.

For you 2nd question, no need to visit the consulate the prior day for finger printing. They will take the finger printing at the time of interview.

For your 3rd question May 25th is risky, your appointment is on Wednesday and sometimes it can take 3 to 5 business days before you get the passport back. In my case my visa was approved on May 2nd Wednesday and got my passport back on Monday May 7th. I would suggest plan for at least 5 business days.

As far as my interview, they just asked me how long i was working for the company. They did not even check my client letter (Note: I work as FT for a reputed US Firm, So it might not be the same case for everyone.).

Good Luck!.

Thanks

Q1: Better to take client letter with client's logo. But since you dont have it now just be confident before the VO that it is genuine.

Q2: nope..Finger prints will be taken before the interview.you dont have to visit the day before.

Q3: Just book 1 day before the interview date so that you can be prepared for any flight delays etc.25th should be fine..but book the ticket in the evening. My interview was on wed and thursday got a email that my passport was ready for pickup and I collected it on Friday.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I still want to hear from someone who is working for a consultant company like me.

Q1- My Client gave a letter and his business card too. He said they can call him anytime but he is not inclined to give Client letter on his Client Logo Letterpad.as they give client letter to their full time employees only.

Question to everyone - how often are they asking for Client letter at Vancouver for people working for Consultancies?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I still want to hear from someone who is working for a consultant company like me.

Q1- My Client gave a letter and his business card too. He said they can call him anytime but he is not inclined to give Client letter on his Client Logo Letterpad.as they give client letter to their full time employees only.

Question to everyone - how often are they asking for Client letter at Vancouver for people working for Consultancies?

I would say in 90% of the cases.

Hi VanMay232012,

I am having visa stamping on may 18th in vancouver, I am on EVC Model.

1) My Client told according to there policies they cant give client letter for non employees.

2) I got there email signature and details to present in consolate to call them and verify as I am working for them.

3) what I would say is do not present letter without letter head as they would not consider that or may get doubt on you.

4) If you submit letter without letter head still they are not going to accept.

5) what I would suggest is dont submit letter and let them know that according to employee policies they were not able to give you client letter, If you want any details contact so and so person and here are his details.

6) Dont worry even if you get 221g it would be solved based up on the person replying for consolate.

If you need any thing please let me know.

If you just can't get the client letter on the letterhead - then do the following -

1) Carry an email from your manager with the same client letter stuff in it

2) Carry an email from client stating that they don't provide the client letter as a policy

3) Carry whatever letter you got & attach his business card to it.

If VO has any problem just explain the situation and hand over the above three items to prove your point.

Hi VanMay232012,

I am having visa stamping on may 18th in vancouver, I am on EVC Model.

1) My Client told according to there policies they cant give client letter for non employees.

2) I got there email signature and details to present in consolate to call them and verify as I am working for them.

3) what I would say is do not present letter without letter head as they would not consider that or may get doubt on you.

4) If you submit letter without letter head still they are not going to accept.

5) what I would suggest is dont submit letter and let them know that according to employee policies they were not able to give you client letter, If you want any details contact so and so person and here are his details.

6) Dont worry even if you get 221g it would be solved based up on the person replying for consolate.

If you need any thing please let me know.

Hi srav4visa,

Can you please let me know how you interview went and what they asked on May 18. I really appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post. I am working as a full time employee for a reputed firm and did my masters in USA. I am thinking of going to Vancouver for first time stamping in June. Can you please let me know yours first time stamping or renewal. If possible please share your contact details, I will get in touch with you off line. Thanks a lot and appreciate your help.

Archived