Travel question(L1- H1)

appuks

My husband got his L1A approved recently(previously in L1B) working for company A,now his client, Company B wants him to join them and offered to do H1B for him but can start working only from october 2012,Me and my kids r on the corresponding dependent visas.my question is whether we can travel to India and come back on our L-visas(ofcourse we have to get stamped)

as he willbe still working with his company A till october 2012 .

AS his H1B visa is already in processing (premium),and may be approved before our travel his employer is not sure he may be permitted to travel .

can we get L-visas stamped and come back here and shift to H-Visa in october or do we need to

go back again to India to get them stamped,in that case we prefer to go then.

can anybody gone thru same situation have any suggestions please post.

Ask to your husband's employer to file your H4 with COS. (They are not required to do so, if they deny you can also do the change of status (COS) yourself using form I539). This COS will be scheduled on Oct 1st (L1B to H4), the day when your husband will come on H1b status. Before Oct 1st, you travel and come back on L1B but be present in USA on L1B visa status on Oct 1st as the COS from L1b to H4 is scheduled on Oct 1st. Any question/ doubt let us know.

Archived