Can a L2 visa holder apply for EAD while in india?

rajbabuhyd

Hello Murthy Firm/Friends,

My Husband is going on a L1 visa soon to US and I'm not in a position to move to US now but wanted to know that as a L2 visa holder, can I fill-up the Form I-765 under Category (a)(18)) and send my photographs + Copy of passport + L1 approval notice of my spouse through my husband so that he can then post it USCIS office there.

I will then wait for EAD to be sent (which I understand my take close to 90 days) so that I finish off my current work and then fly to US and started searching (I heard it is tough) immediately?

I have searched a lot and unable to conclude Yes/No because the Form I-765 asks for a copy of Form I-94 only if available so doesn't look like mandatory.

Any inputs in this regard is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Karunambiga

Hi OMShiv,

Thank you so much for the response. USCIS website says as an L2 visa holder, I need an EAD to work in US. Can you point me to a reference link where it says we don't need an EAD to work in US being a L2 visa holder?

BTW, I'm not trying any shortcut. I'm not in a position to leave India now so thought while I'm in India, can I get EAD processed.

Thanks againg for helping me in this regard!

• 4 years later...

Archived