GC Initiation:EB2 or EB3

hiavi2k2

Hi,

I have total 7 years of Work Experience in IT and I want to know if I am eligible for EB2.

4 Years of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E in I.T)

4.5 years of work exp. with Infy (Includes 1 year work in USA)

2.5 years of work exp. with CTS US (Joined Cognizant in USA) and till date I am working in CTS USA.

Recently I completed PGDBA in Marketing from SCDL(Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning).

Its' a 2 years of distance learning PGDBA course from Symbiosis,Pune.

It's a 2 years of PGDBA course, will it be equivalent to US Master's degree?

Am I eligible for EB2 ?

Thanks in Advance for the help!

Your 4 years degree + 7years exp is enough to qualify for EB2, It does not matter where you work infy, CTS or some very small company.

However, job opening requirement should have 4 years degree + atleast 5 years exp then only you'll get into EB2 otherwise EB3 even though you're qualified. In short, it seems, you meet the criteria, so, now it depends on company to file in EB2 or EB3.

"I have total 7 years of Work Experience in IT and I want to know if I am eligible for EB2."

=> You may be eligible but as Sameer said, the job should also be eligible. The job should require (US) masters, or 5 years’ experience. Employer may play a trick if they want and not interested in EB2.

Thanks Sameer for the reply!

@wiweq

Thanks for the reply!

You are right!..My employer is saying..before joining to the current company I should be having 5 years of experience in I.T

Before joining that company I had 4.5 years of exp...Now after spending 2.5 yrs. in this company..they are saying u should have 5 years of exp. before joining them.

Is it as per USCIS criteria? In the USCIS website..it never mentioned it should more than 5 years of exp. with the prev. employer.

Sub-Categories

Description

Evidence

Advanced Degree

The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field).

Documentation, such as an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree and letters from current or former employers showing that you have at least 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in the specialty.

Can anybody say..if it is company imposed rule or USCIS criteria?

Interestingly, one of my junior who joined here with 5.5 years of exp. got EB2 now.

"Can anybody say..if it is company imposed rule or USCIS criteria?"

=> Think in this way. As you know the first step of GC is advertising the position for some particular days. When those some particular days are over, the employer shows you as the potential candidate for this position and couldn't find any USC. Do you think they would be interested to hire their current employee? Remember GC is for future job. Just a thought, experienced people may help better.

• 1 year later...

Archived