Successful stamping in Vancouver - 30th April

arvigiri

Thanks to Murthy forum members who helped me by sharing their visa experience to get my visa approval.

Here it is:

You can carry phone and leave it at the entrance. Except for food items including water and coffee, every thing else is

allowed inside.

After verification of DS-160 and validity of passport at the enterance, validation of I-797 and passport will happen in the

1st floor (I think its PIMS check).

Once it is done, we will be asked to go to 20th floor where we have to take ten finger prints on counter no. 3. After that we

have to wait in the same floor to be called in any one of counter 4, 5 and 6. I was told counter 4 is little tough (more

questions) by guys who had attended interview before me.

The Interview:

VO focused more on the basic info first. then start feeding the details we tell them in to the system. After this the cross

verification of what is already there in the system (mostly PIMS) with what we have in our hand and what we tell them. Like

verifying the client, our role, employer relationship, dates and location from the documents. They look at the most recent

approved documents.

- Better take a color photo copy of your DS-160. Use latest photo to fill DS-160.

- There is a photo booth in consulate so dont worry if you dont have a hard copy with you. this is just in case if they think

your photo is way old from your look.

- Client letter is like having return ticket with you. There are clients who dont give letter. You can tell the same to VO.

- Be cool and answer to the point.

PP collection:

Though the VO tell us it would take 3 working days, the pp is available on day 2 (interview day being day 1) evening

after 6.30 pm, you get waybill no. in email. Loomis (DHL) closes at 6 pm so there is no way you can get the pp on day 2.

They open at 8 am so you can go collect it on day 3. People who attend on Thursday and friday must spend their week end tocollect the pp on Monday and Tuesday.

If you stay in downtown, you can catch canada line train to YVR Airport get down at Sea island centre (the one before

Airport) and walk to the right on Miller road for about 10-15 mins to DHL. It comes under Zone 2. Train ticket cost from downtown is 3.75$. Google maps come handy.

Good Luck!

Archived