L1 ->H1B(Not Joining H1B company)

nigava

Hi All,

1) I am currently on L1B with Company A and if I apply for H1B with company B as "Change Of Status" and get an approved H1B.Come Oct 1st 2012, if I do not want join the "Company B" , can I continue to working at Company A on L1B after Oct 1st 2012?

2) Assuming, I can continue to work on L1B after Oct 1st 2012 and I continued to work with Company A till Dec 2012.But now if I decide to apply for a H1B with Company C.Can I apply for H1B any time of the year as I have already be counted against the H1B Cap(65K) once or do I have to wait for next year H1B Quota?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

1) I am currently on L1B with Company A and if I apply for H1B with company B as "Change Of Status" and get an approved H1B.Come Oct 1st 2012, if I do not want join the "Company B" , can I continue to working at Company A on L1B after Oct 1st 2012?

2) Assuming, I can continue to work on L1B after Oct 1st 2012 and I continued to work with Company A till Dec 2012.But now if I decide to apply for a H1B with Company C.Can I apply for H1B any time of the year as I have already be counted against the H1B Cap(65K) once or do I have to wait for next year H1B Quota?

Search for leapfrog on the internet .(I am assuming your L1B is still valid).Travel outside US before 1st Oct 2012 and come back after 1st Oct 2012. You will enter the US on L1 status.You should be employed with H1 employer wef 1st Oct if you don't do this.

You can file a H1 with company C but it would be filed as COS.(if you execute a leapfrog).

• 1 year later...

WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR CASE? Were you able to continue working on L1b after Oct 1st?

I am in same situation, can you please help me by sharing your experiences?

Thanks!

WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR CASE? Were you able to continue working on L1b after Oct 1st?

I am in same situation, can you please help me by sharing your experiences?

Thanks!

I suggest you read the following article:

What if H1B Change of Status is Not Wanted After its Approval?

Archived