Can EAD be used instead of H1 amendment

ashishk1

Here's the situation:

Based on the LCA for H1, we need to work at that specified location. In order to move to a different location and client, we are required to file an amended H1. I received EAD as a derivative applicant of AOS.

1. Do I still need to file amendment for any movement of work location or just showing EAD will help.

The H1B is due for renewal in Nov 2012 and will be applying for the same then but in the meantime can I use EAD for working for different clients at different locations.

Here's the situation:

Based on the LCA for H1, we need to work at that specified location. In order to move to a different location and client, we are required to file an amended H1. I received EAD as a derivative applicant of AOS.

1. Do I still need to file amendment for any movement of work location or just showing EAD will help.

The H1B is due for renewal in Nov 2012 and will be applying for the same then but in the meantime can I use EAD for working for different clients at different locations.

Once you start using EAD, your H1b is no longer valid which means you cannot get back to H1b.

You can start working on EAD and forget about amendment.

However its safe to be on H1b just incase something goes wrong with your I-485.

Archived