Am i Eligible to apply for GC?

alavandhar

HI,

I have a bachelor's degree from India and i also have an MS degree from University of Hartford, CT. I graduated in May 2009. I started working in the same university as a technical engineer in our Business School and after couple of months i started my MBA program. I worked part time there from July 2009 till June 2011. In August i applied for my H-1 and started working as a QA analyst (IT). Till now i worked for almost 6 months.

Overall Qualifications & work experience was:

B.Tech (Electronics) - 4 years in India.

MS (Electrical) - 2 Years in University of Hartford, CT, USA

MBA (Management) - 2 Years from university of Hartford. Still not graduated yet.

Technical Software Engineer - 2 years at Barney School of Business, CT (While doing my MBA)

QA Analyst (IT) - 4 months at Company A and 2 months at Company B. My employer is the same for both the jobs.

Please let me know, if i can start my Green Card Processing?

Thanks.

Generally, as long as an employer is willing to sponsor you for a full-time position when your green card is received a green card petition may be started on your behalf. However, the employment-based category you fall into will depend on the employer’s minimum requirements and if your qualifications match those requirements. It is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney to discuss the specifics of your circumstance. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived